Q: You have a lot of adhesives – how do I know which ones to use?
A: That’s a sticky question – pun intended! Ha! Okay, seriously, there are a
lot of adhesives, but that is good news because it means that you can get the perfect one for
your project! Here are the details to help you make the choice that will stick best!
The Annual Catalog has 11 different adhesives listed on page 177. There is also a
little blurb about each and I’ve included even more detail for you here:
8 Most Popular Adhesives:
- SNAIL Adhesive (#104332) – The most versatile adhesive. Perfect for
cards, scrapbook pages, and other flat projects. Acid-free.
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430) – A must have! Just a bit of dimension
added by these double-sided foam pieces can make a project really pop!
- Glue Dots (#103683) – These strong little dots are ideal for adding
buttons, bows, knotted ribbon, and other small embellishments. Acid-free.
- Sticky Strip (#104294) – The go-to adhesive for 3-D projects like
boxes or projects that will be handled a lot. This super-sticky double-sided tape is a
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755) – Great for adding embossed card
stock layers without crushing the embossing, and is a fast and economical choice for
putting together cards. Plus, this adhesive is permanent when used to adhere while it’s
wet, or let it dry and it is a strong temporary adhesive like a super-sticky note.
- Anywhere Glue Sticks (2) (#104045) – This quick and economical
adhesive is best on card stock or Designer Series Paper. It dries quickly, but isn’t quite
as strong as SNAIL or Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Crystal Effects (#101055) – This super-glossy liquid make a strong
adhesive, but also creates a beautiful, lacquered look over images.
- 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425) – With the small tip, this adhesive is
applied much like using a marker, making it great for adding glitter to detailed areas.
Like the Multipurpose Liquid Glue, the 2-Way Glue Pen is also permanent when used wet and a
temporary adhesive when first allowed to dry.
3 Specialty Adhesives:
- Fabric Adhesive Roll (#122194) – Just like it says, this adhesive is
best when used with fabric. It comes on a roll and can be cut with Big Shot dies. To use
it, simply iron the adhesive onto the fabric, cut the fabric, peel off the backing, and
then iron the fabric to your project. It’s machine washable, and the package includes
instructions for your reference.
- Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (#120805) – These adhesive sheets are
ideal for creating your own self-adhesive die cuts or stickers using your precut shapes.
With edge-to-edge coverage, this adhesive is great for projects where you want to be sure
the edges don’t lift. Twelve sheets of 12” x 12” adhesive gives you a great value and a
whole lot of adhesive to get creative with – it could become addictive! Instructions
included for your reference. Acid-free.
- Shaker Frames (#124155) – These double-sided foam frames are 1/8”
thick and are perfect for creating shaker cards. Simply select a Shaker Frame in your
desired size, add it to your project, add a bit of glitter, small beads, etc., into the
frame and then cover with Window Sheet. Each package includes 36 frames (6 each of 6 nested
circle sizes), so you’ll have lots of creative options.
This is a great time to stock up on our most popular adhesives and get rewarded for doing so.
Purchase one of each of the top 8 adhesives and receive one free roll of ribbon. If you have
the SNAIL dispenser already, get 2 refills instead.
Hopefully this list will keep you from being stuck when wondering which adhesive to use! If you
have any questions or want more details on any of these adhesives, I am here to help!