Today's "blog post hop" is a beauty! I'm so thrilled to feature it today!
Today's Easter card was created by Melva Peters who always WOWS us with her beautiful projects! So where to being descibing this fabulous card?
1, Let's start with the fancy fold – 5 1/2" x 10", scored at 3" and 6".
2, Fold the first two flaps together (wrong sides) and using tghe 2 1/2" Circle punch punch through both laters (hopefully you can see on the card where she didn't use the entire circle)
3. Use the Adorning Accents Edgelits and matching Adorning Accents Embossing Folder to create the cut on the left side of the card.
4. Stamp the butterfly, leaf and bird from Polka Dot Pieces stamp set on Crisp and punch out with the Elegant Butterly and Bird Builder Punches (don't you LOVE when the image matches a punch?!) The butterfly is stamped in white on Crisp Cantaloupe and the Bird is stamped with Crisp Cantaloupe on Very Vanilla. The leaf is stamped in Pistachio Pudding on Very Vanilla.
5. Punch out a 2 1/2" circle from Very Vanilla and stamp the Off the Grid image in Soft Suede on this piece. Layer the leaf and bird with dimensionals on this piece – add a rhinestone for the bird's eye.
6. Attach the butterfly to the front of the card with dimensionals and add some rhinestones on his body.
7. Cut a piece of coordinating Designer Series Paper to 5 1/4" x 4" to the inside of the card and glue the circle on top so it fits in the cut out circle from the front of the card.
8. Stamp Happy Easter in Pistachio Pudding ink on the front of the card below the butterfly!
Hopefully these instructions will help you recreate this stunning card from Melva for a special person in your life this Easter!
I'm located in New Westminster, BC, Canada and serve the local Greater Vancouver area – north to Squamish and east to Mission. I also ship ANYWHERE in Canada by UPS.