I'm excited to join this wonderful group of stampers from around the world on my FIRST Totally Techniques Blog Hop! We each make a project using the same technique.
This month the technique is shaving cream. Boy it's been a while since I used this technique and it was so fun! This is one of the reasons I'm so thrilled to be doing this each month because it encourages (forces?) me to try out all these wonderful techniques again.
My card features the Sale-a-bration Stamp set called Sky is the Limit which is perfect for anyone but especially for those challenging masculine cards.
Here's how I created my background piece:
- on a plastic plate pile up your shaving cream
- add several drops of Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky and Marina Mist on top of the shaving cream – drop them randomly. You only need about 5 or 6 drops of each.
- swirl the ink around gently into the shaving cream. (don't mix it too well you just "fold" in the ink a bit)
- lay down a piece of cardstock on top of the shaving cream and press it so that the piece is covered with the cream
- remove the piece and smoosh another piece of cardstock on top, sandwiching the shaving cream between the pieces
- separate the cardstock and use a bone folder to scrape off all the excess shaving cream.
- set aside the pieces to dry
- you can keep going with other pieces of cardstock using the same shaving cream and ink
- Create away!
- *I do use plastic gloves to protect my hands from the ink refill.
Here is the "raw" piece of cardstock before you use it in your project.
Each piece will look differently (which is so cool!) and you can make tons of background pieces from just one application.
Here's what I did with the background I created:
Doesn't it look like the sky? I really love how it turned out. I also stamped the plane on another piece of the shaving cream background and cut it out to pop up for dimension. I could have stamped it on Whisper White but I wanted the "sky" to be seen behind the plane.
Here is a close up of the plane. I used some vellum and punched out the flower from the Festive Flower Builder Punch for my propeller. I added the little Real Red Candy dot to the center and added a heart to the jet stream.
I hope you've enjoyed my card for this month's technique and I hope you'll create some awesome backgrounds with shaving cream and some ink refills!
Click here to learn about Sale-a-bration promotion and how you can earn the Sky's the Limit stamp set for FREE!
Click the box to "hop" to the next amazing project. OR click on each person's name below and go to their blog.
Alison Solven – Canada – you are here now!
Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
Amy Koenders – USA
Lee Conrey – USA
Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
Marine Wiplier– France
Erna Logtenberg– Netherlands
Heather Wright-Porto– USA
Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
Nadine Weiner – Germany
Here's a list of what I've used in my project today:
Catalogue…. Just ask!
Shop with me! Customer Reward Program!
Shop online 24/7 HERE and earn free cards!
Join me on Facebook: Stamp Crazy with Alison Hangout!