It's Border Buddy Saturday today and it's Alison here with today's share.
I was playing with the Jar of Love stamp set this week and making lots of samples. This stamp set is photopolymer (so you can easily see where you are stamping) and have 37 stamps in the set! There is also the matching Everyday Jars Framelits Dies which makes the cutting out of the pieces so easy with your Big Shot!
I started with the Pop of Pink Designer Washi Tape and ran three different designs cross wise over the Whisper White panel. It's so easy to use Washi Tape to add some interest to your cards.
It's also easy to make a shaker element when you use our brand new Foam Adhesive Strips. Here are the steps to make this little shaker element:
- Stamp the Jar image in Basic Black Archival ink on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Cut out the outline and the center with the matching framelits.
- Cut out a jar from Window Sheet with framelit.
- Glue to the stamped jar piece with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Cut out jar from Whisper White (for the back).
- TIP – Turn over the stamped piece (with the window sheet backing) and rub the Embossing buddy over the Window Sheet. This will take away any static and allow your pieces inside to float freely.
- Apply Foam Adhesive Strips around the entire back of the stamped jar piece. The aim is to cut and piece the foam close to the edge to create a "cavity" inside for your sequins. Make sure all the edges of the foam strips meet tightly so nothing can fall out.
- Add some Metallics Sequin Assortment to the centre of this piece.
- Carefully peel off the backing from the foam strips and place your second cut jar (from the Whisper White) on top. Press firmly all around to create a good seal.
- Glue the piece to the front of your project using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
The sentiment is from Bunch of Blossoms Photopolymer Stamp Set. I used my Melon Mambo and Basic Black Stampin' Write markers to ink the stamp because I wanted the words in different colours.
Here are the supplies used in today's card – just click on the picture and you'll be directed to our store – Patsy in the US and Alison in Canada.
I hope you enjoyed today's cards, and I always love to hear from you click here to leave a note.