It's another Thursday so time for our weekly Just In CASE series. My Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner & I share a project each week that is a copy (CASE) or similar to a sample from our current catalogue. We might change the stamp set, colours or another element of a card.
For today's project I made a card based on a card on page 200 from the Host section of the catalogue. The original card uses the Pun Intended Host set which is only available to someone who Hosts a party with sales of $200 or more OR places their own order of $200 or more.
My card uses the same overall design elements but I've used different products. Here is the original card:
My card uses my new personal favourite Best Birds. I'm beginning to think I need an intervention over this set – I love it so much! I think I'm going to have to try and make it through a whole week without using it.
I used the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits to create my "bird nest". I replaced the washi tape in the catalogue sample with the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon and Very Vanilla 1/2" Lace Trim. I secured the ribbon with a staple. Behind the bird I added some Linen Thread. My little bird is stamped in Soft Suede and coloured with Aqua Painter and Soft Sky and Crumb Cake inks.
I add some splatters of gold using the Wink of Stella Glimmer Brush Gold by flicking the end and letting the gold ink drop like splatter. I also add some Gold Wink of Stella to the wings of my bird. Hopefully you can see the gold on this close up picture.
The sentiment is from the same Best Bird set and I finished off the card with some gold sequins from the Sequin Trim – just pull some off the threads and attach with Tombow Glue.
Here's how I made today's card:
- Cut Crumb Cake cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and fold in half to create card base.
- Add Very Vanilla layer (5 1/4" x 4")
- Cut out the "nest" from the Scribbles Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies in Early Espresso. Glue to front of card.
- Stamp the bird in Soft Suede ink on scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock – colour with Soft Sky and Crumb Cake inks using Aqua Painter
- Cut out bird with matching framelit from the Birds & Blooms Thinlits
- Wrap some Linen Thread around your fingers, cut and glue on top of nest – you can use scotch tape or a staple to hold in place.
- Add some 5/8" Burlap ribbon and Very Vanilla Lace Trim Ribbon under the next and staple in place.
- Pop up the bird with Stampin' Dimensionals as shown.
- Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso ink on the lower right side of card.
- Add some splatters on the card by tapping and flicking the Gold Wink of Stella Glimmer Brush.
- Add Gold Wink of Stella to the wing of the bird.
- Add some sequins from Sequin Trim Gold using Tombow Adhesive.
Click here to check out Patsy's card on her blog!
Here are the supplies for today's card: