It's Colour Your World Blog Hop day! Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world share a project using a featured colour palette. This is the palette for May. That orange looks so juicy and good enough to eat right!
Today I started with the Crafting Forever Stamp Set which is coming in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue. Only 2 more weeks until it's launched on June 1st. If you are an active customer of mine (placed an order within the past year through me) you will receive a complimentary copy in the mail next week. If you would like to find out how to get your copy please email me (Canadians only).
I love every image in this stamp set because it speaks to me as a creative person. The saying are fabulous too. Another one from the set says "Crafting Forever! Housework whenever." Words to live by in my book. LOL
Here's how to create the card yourself at home:
Pumpkin Pie – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold in half to create card front.
Very Vanilla – 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Basic Black – 4 7/8" x 3 3/8"
Watercolor Paper – 4" x 3", 2" x 2"
1. Stamp the large blotch image From Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set in So Saffron on the lower left side of Very Vanilla.
2. Stamp the ink splots in Pumpkin Pie on the lower right side and upper left side of the Very Vanilla.
3. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black ink on the lower right side.
4. Stamp the paint pot in Basic Black Archival ink on Watercolor Paper and colour with Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Cajun Craze and So Saffron using the Aqua Painter.
5. Die cut with the largest oval Layering Oval framelit.
6. Stamp one extra pot on Watercolor Paper and colour with Cajun Craze. Cut out and wrap the top with Linen Thread.
7. Pop up the cut out pot on top of the other one with Stampin' Dimensionals.
8. Glue the oval to the left side of the Very Vanilla.
9. Glue the Very Vanilla stamped piece to the Basic Black mat and glue both to the Pumpkin Pie cardfront.
Here are the images from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar Stamp set. You might not have noticed the fabulous images in this set including the paint/ink splats and the little hearts, butterflies, stars and maple leafs. The "month" stamps are perfect for a personalized birthday card too. Order it before it's gone on May 31st.
When I watercolour an image I tend to add some lighter ink around the image – either in a light blue or gray. In this card I used the Smoky Slate to "anchor" the image before I started colouring in the different elements.
Please ask to join our Colour Your World Challenge Group on Facebook! We'd love to see what you create using the monthly palette.
Click here to JOIN.
Here's the products I used in my card today (it doesn't include the Crafting Forever Stamps because of Stampin' Up! policy I can only share images after June 1st):