It's time for our monthly Colour Your World Blog Hop! On the third Tuesday of each month a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world share projects made with the palette of the month!
This month's colours are bold and remind me of autumn. I try and use as many of the colours in my projects and this month I managed to use them all.
Here is my card using the Painted Harvest Stamp Set.
It so easy to create a "dimensional" flower by layering images and colours one on top of the other like I did with the flower. I used only one colour in different "strengths" to create the final look. Stamping the ferns first allowed me to stamp the flowers over the ends.
So here's how I made my card today:
- Fold Whisper White cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") in half to form card base.
- Cut a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper (Tangerine Tango) and glue to front of card.
- Cut a 1 1/2" x 6" piece of DSP and cut both ends with the Banner Triple Punch. Glue to middle of card.
- Cut a piece of Berry Burst ribbon and bunch up along the top of the DSP strip. I applied some SNAIL along the DSP and then just glued the ribbon along the length bunching it up as I went.
- Cut out the largest circle from a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of Whisper White using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and Big Shot.
- Ink the fern image from the Painted Harvest stamp set in Tranquil Tide ink and stamp on the circle. Ink again and stamp another fern.
- Ink the bolder flower in Berry Burst ink and stamp off once on a piece of scrap paper and then without reinking stamp it on the circle.
- Ink the more detailed flower stamp in Berry Burst ink and stamp on top of the first flower image.
- Stamp the center of the flower in So Saffron ink.
- Add the little dots in the middle of the So Saffron circle in Tangerine Tango.
- Ink the saying in Basic Black Archival and stamp on the circle.
- Add some Wink of Stella to the petals and flower center.
- Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals in the center of your card.
It's hard to see the sparkly petals in the picture but it's gorgeous in person.
I laid down some snail across the middle of the DSP and then glue down the ribbon crinkling it as I went along. I love this Painted Autumn Suite of products from the Holiday Catalogue so much that Patsy and I choose it as our September Free Card PDF program – read about how you can receive free cards in the mail!
Here are the products I used in today's card (click on the picture and you'll be directed to my online store):