It's Card Swap Sunday when I share a card I've created for a swap or that I've receive in a swap. Today I'm sharing a fabulous easel card I received from my sister, Ellie Blake. She actually send this beautiful card to me for my birthday in July.
Ellie used the Traquil Tulips stamp set which is only available to Host(ess) and/or customers with an order of $200 or more. If you want to earn the set you can gather orders from friends and when it hits $200 can select this set! Email me and I'll help you with an in person class or online party!
The card lies flat for mailing but the Easel Card allows you to stand it up for display.
Isn't it beautiful? Ellie used the "label" to keep the front of the card upright on this card. Easel cards are actually not difficult to make and hopefully you can "see" in this picture what turns a regular card into an Easel card.
Here are the basic instructions for the "frame" of an Easel Card:
- Cut a piece of cardstock 11" x 4 1/4".
- Score at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2"
- Cut out a 5 1/4" x 4" layer (in this card it's Basic Black mat).
- Glue this piece to the top 2 3/4" of the card and leave the rest free to move.
Full instructions for my Card Swap Sunday cards are exclusive to my VIP customers on our private Facebook Group. How do you join the group? Just place an order of $50 or more with me annually and membership is free. Available to Canadian customers only due to Stampin' Up! selling rules.
You can see how the card front is held in place with the Happy Birthday label piece.
It's been a long time since tulips have bloomed in my garden so hopefully this card will keep you going until next spring!
In October, I have teamed up with Patsy Waggoner (USA), Alisa Tilsner (Australia) and Sharlene Meyer (New Zealand) to bring you an exclusive online class featuring projects using products from the Holiday Catalogue. All you have to do is place a $65 order in my online store and you can join our private Facebook group and receive PDF and videos for 8 gorgeous projects! My project this month is an Eclipse card with a twist!
The online class will be held on our exclusive Facebook Group (don't worry if you don't have Facebook you can still receive the online class)
- When you place your qualifying order ($65) or purchase the class ($35) you will be invited to join the Facebook Group
- Each week we will post 2 projects.
- On Mondays, we will post the first PDF Tutorial.
- Tuesday the Video of project 1 will post.
- On Wednesday we will post the 2nd PDF Tutorial
- Thursday the Video of project 2 will post.
- At the end of the month, there will be 8 total projects, videos, and PDF Tutorials.
- You will have access to the Facebook Group and online classes until September 30, 2018 (a whole year!)
- You can comment and ask questions in the group.
If you don't have facebook and you purchase or qualify for the class I will email you the links to the PDF & Videos at the beginning of November.