It's Card Swap Sunday and the day I share a card I've made or received in a swap. Today I'm sharing this adorable card I received using the Hedgehugs stamp set. I love hedgehogs both the animal and the yummy chocolate version from Purdy's.
The Hedghugs stamp set is available in the Occasions catalogue. The card today has so many layers which I think adds to the simplicity of the stamps. I love all the elements and especially love how they are offset a bit from a traditional layout.
The hedgehog is coloured using the Stampin' Blends which allows him to have the shading. The White Perfect Accents are also coloured with the Stampin' Blends. Isn't that clever? You can create any colour accent with your Blends! I think the Linen Thread under the focal image adds just the right "earthy" texture to the card too!
Here's what you need to make this adorable card at home:
- Stamps: Hedgehugs (145876 wood)(145879 clear)
- Ink: Early Espresso (126979)
- Paper: Whisper White (100730); Early Espresso (119686); Crumb Cake (120953)
- Other: Layering Circles Framelits Dies (141705); White Perfect Accents (138416); Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends Combo (144601); Cherry Cobbler Light Stampin' Blend (144576); Linen Thread (104199); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machines (143263); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430),
- Whisper White (base): 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5 ½” and folded in half
- Whisper White (layer): 5 1/2" x 3 1/4"
- Whisper White (strip): 3 3/4" x 1/2"
- Whisper White (circle): 3" x 3"
- Early Espresso (circle): 3" x 3"
- Early Espresso (strip): 3 3/4" x 1/2"
- Crumb Cake (strip): 3 3/4" x 1/2"
- Crumb Cake (layer):5 1/2" x 3 7/8"
- Linen Thread: 12"
- Stamp the flower image on the right side of the Crumb Cake Layer and adhere to the Whisper White base.
- Stamp the greeting using Early Espresso ink in thelower right corner of the Whisper White Layer. Adhere to the Crumb Cake layer approximately 1/4" from the right side.
- Glue the Whisper White strip to the Crumb Cake strip and the Early Espresso to the Whisper White strip slightly offsetting each one. Add a staple to the right side and pop up on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. (see picture).
- Cut a 2 3/8" circle from the Whisper White piece (3" x 3") with the Layering Circle Dies and Big Shot.
- Stamp the hedgehog image in Early Espresso ink in the middle of the Whisper White circle.
- Colour the hedgehog withe the Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends.
- Colour the flower with the Light Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blend.
- Cut a slightly larger circle with the scallop die from the Early Espresso piece (3" x 3") with the Layering Circle dies and Big Shot.
- Glue the stamped circle to the Early Espresso scallop circle.
- Wrap the Linen Thread around fingers to create loops and glue to the back of the scallop circle.
- Pop up the circles on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Colour one of each size of White Perfect Accents and glue to the card as shown.