It's card swap Sunday – each week I share a card I've made for a swap or received in a swap. Today I'm sharing a card using the Party Panda stamp set from the Sale-a-bration rewards. Have you placed an order yet during Sale-a-bration? When you place a $60 order between January 4 – March 31 you can pick a reward from one of the exclusive offerings in the Sale-a-bration brochure. When you spend $120 you can pick two rewards and so on. There are 3 offerings that you can pick at the $120 level (meaning that they are valued as a Level 2 offering so the qualification amount is higher).
I received this adorable card from a friend in a swap and I love it for a few reasons…first of all is the adorable little Panda of course and secondly because of the colours she choose. Lemon Lime Twist is my favourite new In Color and when it's paired with black it just pops off the page.
The Panda is shaded with the Smoky Slate Stampin' Blend marker just along the left side to give the character some dimension.
This is such a simple image but when you add all the layers and textures you bump it up to a card that looks more difficult to make but isn't in reality.
Here's the details to make this card yourself:
Basic Black Cardstock – 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"; 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" (mat for square); 2 3/4" x 3/4" (mat for sentiment); scrap (for balloon)
Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock – 8" x 5 1/4" – scored at 4" to create card base; 2 1/2" x 1/2" (sentiment)
Whisper White Cardstock – 3" x 3" (stamped image)
Let's Make this Card:
- Emboss the Lemon Lime Twist base using the Scattered Sequins Embossing Folder with the Big Shot.
- Glue the Lemon Lime Twist base to the Basic Black mat layer.
- Cut out 2 5/8" square with the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies and Big Shot.
- Stamp the Panda image in Memento Black ink in the square.
- Stamp the string (balloon) image in the paw with the balloon going off the edge. You just want the string.
- Add some shading to the left side of the Panda with the Smoky Slate Light Stampin' Blend.
- Colour the panda hat with the Old Olive Stampin' Blend Combo markers.
- Cut a piece of Lemon Lime Twist ribbon and glue one end to the lower left side of the square.
- Glue stamped piece to the Basic Black mat and glue the other end of the ribbon to the back.
- Pop up squares with Stampin 'Dimensionals on the Lemon Lime Twist base.
- Punch out balloon from the scrap of Basic Black and glue to the end of the string.
- Stamp the sentiment on the Lemon Lime Twist strip and glue to Basic Black mat.
- Pop up sentiment on the card below the panda square.
Here's the supply list for today's card (click no the pictures and be directed to my online store):
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
Earn Free Stamps during Sale-a-bration Promotion (until March 31st)
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store,