It's Thursday and time for Just in Case Thursday, the day I share a card CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes the card is exactly the same and sometimes it's tweaked by changing colours and stamps (or both!). Today I'm share a CASE using the Lemon Zest stamp set featured on page 90 of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue. My sister, Mo Dickie, a demonstrator from Toronto Ontario, made this card for me and I love it!
I love how you can stamp the images and punch them out with the 1 3/4" circle punch and the Lemon Builder Punch. It makes it so easy to create this card with so much dimension.
The background is created by inking one of our Acrylic Blocks with ink (in this case Blushing Bride) and then stamping it on the paper. It creates this focal block on the card – isn't that easy?!
Here's how you can create Mo's card:
- Whisper White Thick – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Whisper White – 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
- Calypso Coral – 3 3/4" x 3/4"
- Score the Whisper White Thick at 4 1/4" and fold to create card base.
- Ink up the F Acrylic Block in Blushing Bride ink and stamp it in the middle of the card base.
- Stamp two slices in Blushing Bride, two slices in Calypso Coral and two in Daffodil Delight ink. Punch out with 1 3/4" circle punch.
- Cut one of the Daffodil Delight and one of the Calypso Coral in 1/2. Use the other 1/2 for another card.
- Glue the pieces to the front of the card – some with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black Archival ink on the strip of Calypso Coral strip. Banner cut the left side.
- Wrap the left side with White Baker's Twine and tie in a bow.
- Glue the stamped strip to the card.
Here's the supplies for Mo's card (click on the picture and you'll be directed to my online store):