It's the third Tuesday of the month so that means it's time for Color Without Borders Series. My Border Buddy, Patsy Waggoner, and I each create a project using the colour palette of the month.
I try and use all the colours in the palette each month but this month I managed to use two of them – Blueberry Bushel and Pineapple Punch. Both are new of the In Colors for 2018-2020. The stamp pads in these new colours are available now in May as a sneak peek in the Share What You Love Suite so you don't have to wait until June 1st to get your hands on them!
My card also features the Brusho Crystal Colour pots that are available now and will also carry over into the new 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue which launches on June 1st. I thought the blue and yellow were a great match for our palette.
I started by embossing the flowers from Love What You Do Stamp Set on Watercolor Paper in Whisper White and heat setting. Let it cool and then add a few (and I mean a few) sprinkles of the Prussian Blue and Yellow crystals. Spritz with water and watch the crystals "explode" into beautiful colours on your project! Set it aside and let it dry completely.
Here's how to create my card today:
- Blueberry Bushel – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Pineapple Punch – 5 1/4" x 4"; 3" x 3"
- Watercolor Paper – 5" x 3 3/4"
- Score the Blueberry Bushel cardstock at 4 1/4", fold to form card base.
- Glue the Pineapple Punch layer to the front of the card.
- Stamp the flower images on Watercolor Paper in Versamark ink, add Whisper White Emboss Powder and heat set. Set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle some Prussian Blue and Yellow Brusho Crystals over your card being careful to do it sparingly.
- Spritz the card with water and watch the crystals react to recreate a cool burst of colour. Set aside to dry completely.
- Cut a medium circle from Whisper White cardstock using the Stitched Shapes Framelits die.
- Stamp the flowers in Pineapple Punch and the sentiment in Blueberry Bushel inks on the circle.
- Add some gold metallic thread to the back of the circle and pop up on the Watercolor Paper.
- Glue the Watercolor Paper to the Pineapple Punch layer.
Here are the supplies for today's card (click on the picture and be redirected to my online store):
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email,
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store