It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card from the new 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue. The original card is on page 141 and used the Fabulous Flamingo stamp set.
I loved the bright colours in the card and it was so easy to create my flamingo with my stampartus. The image is made with four stamps layered one on top of the other to create the final look. I used Night of Navy for the legs and feathers, Blushing Bride for the body and Melon Mamb0 for the rest of the bird.
I love all these bright colours that make up the bird and card. The flamingo is a 4-step stamp – meaning you stamp 4 different stamps, one on top of the other, to create the final image. Using the brand new stamparatus makes this so easy to achieve. I put one piece on each side of the plates – easy peasy!
Here's how I made today's card:
Lemon Lime Twist – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White – 3 1/8" x 4"; 3 1/2" x 6"
- Fold the Lemon Lime Twist cardstock in half to form card base.
- Stamp the palm leaf in Lemon Lime Twist randomly on the card front.
- Stamp the flamingo on the Whisper White piece (4" x 3 1/8") with the Stamparatus as follows:
Main Bird outline – Melon Mambo
Detailed feathers – Night of Navy
Legs Outline – Night of Navy
Bold Bird Body – Blushing Bride
- Stamp the sentiment in the lower left corner in Night of Navy ink.
- Glue the stamped piece to the card front.
- Carefully colour around the bird with Blushing Bride ink using the Aqua Painter. Be careful not to get too close to the bird or you might cause the ink on the bird to blur.
- Cut out the frame from the top of the Whisper White (3 1/2" x 6") using two dies from the Layering Square framelits. Nest the straight edge frame inside the scallop frame to create an opening.
- Cut out the flower and the leaf from the bottom of the piece using the Eclectic Layers Thinlits.
- Colour the upper right corner of the frame with Melon Mambo ink and Aqua Painter.
- Pup up the frame with Stampin' Dimensionals to frame the flamingo.
- Glue the flower and leaf pieces to the lower right edge of the frame.
Here's the products I used today in my card (click on the pictures and be directed to my online store):
Download Just in Case Fabulous Flamingo Instructions
Let's hop over and see what Patsy has CASED today.
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code H346DKCM
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply