Today I’m participating in a Blog Hop with the Crazy Crafter’s Team of Kylie Bertucci in Australia. I’m so excited to be the featured guest stamper. All the participants will be selecting a card from my blog to CASE (copy and selectively edit) and create their own new card. Isn’t that fun!
I spent every dinner with Kylie and Bruno on the Stampin’ Up! cruise to Alaska in July and we had such an awesome table and lots of fun!
Here’s the card I’m CASEing from this post. I love this layout and it’s so easy to duplicate over and over again with new colours, designer series paper and stamps.
I’m using a stamp set that is included in the upcoming Holiday Catalogue featuring a brand new stamp set called Timeless Tidings. I love the sayings and fonts of the sentiments and the simple sketched images in this set. I’m using a new colour called Merry Merlot which is very rich when paired with Tranquil Tide.
The patterned paper is also new in the Holiday Catalogue and it’s called Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper. I love the gold accents in this piece. Did you notice that on the back of the Designer Series Paper Packs is the colours that coordinate with the papers. I find this makes creating a card with the paper as an accent so easy!
I wrapped some Gold Metallic thread behind the focal stamped piece and added some of the new Gold Metallic Pearls to add extra bling.
Here’s how I made my card today:
Tranquil Tide – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
Gray Granite – 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
Merry Merlot – 5″ x 3 3/4″
Whisper White – 3″ x 3″
Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper – 1″ x 5″
- Score the Tranquil Tide cardstock at 4 1/4″ and fold to create card base.
- Stamp the Merry Merlot layer with the Merry Christmas sentiment in Merry Merlot ink on the left side of the cardstock, repeating down the side with different parts of the saying showing.
- Punch the end of the Designer Series Paper with the Banner Triple Punch and glue to the middle of the Merry Merlot matching up the right side of the paper with the cardstock.
- Glue the Merry Merlot to the Grey Granite mat and glue both to the Tranquil Tide card front.
- Cut out the medium circle from the Whisper White piece using the Stitched Shapes framelits and Big Shot.
- Ink the poinsettia in Merry Merlot and stamp off once and then stamp the lighter version on the circle. Repeat.
- Stamp the sentiment in Tranquil Tide on top of the poinsettia.
- Wrap some Gold Metallic Thread into circles gluing to the back of the stamped circle.
- Pop up the circle to the card front on top of the DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add some Gold Metallic Pearls to the circle and card.
These are the products I used today (the Timeless Tidings Stamps and Joyous Noel Specialty DSP are order able on Sept 1) – click on the pictures to be taken to my online store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE