It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card created by the the concept artists at Stampin' Up! and featuring the products from the limited edition Colour Your Season Bundle. The bundle includes the Blended Seasons stamp set and the Stitched Seasons Framelits and when you purchase them together you save 10%.
I love the images in the set because they cover all the seasons/holidays in one stamp set. I fonts of the sentiments are lovely and the words cover most occasions too.
Here is the original card:
All of these designs are fantastic but I really want to recreate the middle card because it was such a summery card! I also liked how the concept artist took the large flower image and fussy cut it to isolate a few flowers and leaves.
I stamped the flowers in Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green on a piece of Watercolor Paper and then coloured with the same inks, cut out different pieces to create the focal image. The words are stamped in Versamark and embossed so they pop off the banner. I didn't have the original little element peeking out from under the banner so I substituted a piece from the Flourishing Thinlits dies.
Whisper White Thick – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White – 5" x 1"
Watercolor Paper – 5 1/4" x 4"; 6" x 5 1/4"
Melon Mambo – 4 1/2" x 3/4"
- Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 4 1/4" and fold to create card.
- Stamp the flower image in Lemon Lime Twist ink on one side of the Watercolor Paper (6" x 5 1/4") and stamp it again in Melon Mambo on other half.
- Colour the flowers with either Watercolor Pencils or inks and Aqua Painter. I use Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green and Lemon Lime Twist.
- Cut out the flower and leaves and set aside.
- Add a wash to the Watercolor Paper (5 1/4" x 4") using Melon Mambo and Grapefruit Grove inks and Aqua Painter.
- Pick up some Melon Mambo ink with Aqua Painter and splatter it on the Watercolor piece.
- Ink the sentiment in Versamark and stamp on Melon Mambo strip, add White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Cut out the element from Whisper White strip using Flourishing Thinlits and Big Shot.
- Glue the cut element die behind the Melon Mambo and cut off ends to line up ends.
- Pop up the Melon Mambo strip on the Watercolor Paper piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add flowers and leaves as shown. Some are glued and some are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
The products included in the Colour Your Season Promotion are available until August 31st. In the case of the Blended Seasons Stamps and Stitched Seasons Framelits Dies available is While Supplies Last.