It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
My card today features the Petal Promenade Suite, which I'm featuring in both the Free Card Program for August and the Suite Saturday Series on my blog.
I based my CASE today on a card from page 120 of the Annual Catalogue which featured the Tropical Escape Suite.
CASE (copy and share everything) means to take a card you like and tweak it by changing the stamps, inks, colours and make a new card from the sketch of the original. So I kept the sketch and just switched up the elements.
I started with the beautiful Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper as my focal designs. I stamped the sentiment from the Beautiful Promenade Stamp Set in Versamark and embossed in white and then cut out with the Tailored Tag punch. A little ribbon under the sentiment and some pearls to finish it off.
Here's how I made today's card:
Whisper White Thick – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Petal Pink – 5 1/4" x 4"; 3" x 2"
Petal Promenade DSP – 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
- Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 4 1/4" and fold to create card.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the Petal Pink mat and glue both to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark and add Whisper White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Cut out with Tailored Tag Punch.
- Fold a piece of Petal Pink Ruffled Ribbon in half and glue to the lower right corner of the DSP.
- Pop up the tag with Stampin' Dimensionals on top of the ribbon.
- Add a pearl to each side of the sentiment on the tag.
Here's the products I used today in my card (click on the pictures and be directed to my online store):
Let's hop over and see what Patsy has CASED today.