It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card from page 145 of the Annual Catalogue and features the High Tide Stamp Set.
The High Tide Stamp Set is photopolymer so you can see through when you stamp so you can easily line up the piece for a 2 Step technique. The lighthouse is created with two different stamps using different colour inks.
Here is the original project from the catalogue which was created as a box. I turned the elements into a card.
I didn't change much other than to make the elements a more focal point on the card.
I love the Gray Granite 1/2" Textured Weave Ribbon (it also comes in Granny Apple Green) because it's got substance but it's not heavy and it's soft enough to tie.
Whisper White Thick – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White – 3 3/4" x 2 1/2"
Mint Macaron – 1 1/2" x 2 3/4"
Sparkle Glimmer Paper – 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
So Saffon – 4" x 3"
- Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 4 1/4" and fold to create card.
- Stamp the light beam in Crushed Curry around the So Saffron piece as shown on the picture to create a sunburst look.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around the front of the So Saffron (lengthwise) and affix to the back.
- Pop up the So Saffron cardstock in the middle of the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Punch out the Starburst shape from the Sparkle Glimmer Paper with the punch. Glue to the So Saffron piece on top of the ribbon.
- Stamp the light house (more detailed image) in Smoky Slate ink on the Whisper White piece. Stamp the 2 lighthouse image in Mint Macaron on top and cut out with Paper Snips.
- Pop up the lighthouse on top of the shimmer starburst with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink on the Mint Macaron piece and punch one end with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Pop up the sentiment on the lighthouse with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add rhinestones to the card as shown.