Yesterday in my Card Swap Sunday Series I shared a card using the new bundle called Santa's Workshop which is featured in the upcoming Holiday Catalogue. Today I'm sharing another cute card using these products.
The Signs of Santa stamp set is adorable and the images can be cut out with the matching Santa's Signpost Framelits so no fussy cutting. When you purchase the stamps and framelits together in a bundle you save 10% off the price.
If you'd rather not stamp and colour your images you can use the framelits to cut out images from the Santa's Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper. Isn't that awesome!
I love how these colours go together. You can draw inspiration for colour combinations by check out the coordinating colours for Designer Series Paper which are listed below the each paper pack in the catalogues.
The Santa's Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper is playful, hand-drawn designs with white flocking on one side of four sheets. Each package contains 12 sheets, 2 each of 6 double-sided designs. Can you see the elves and Mrs. Clause in the picture? The Framelits cut them out perfectly.
Here's how I made today's card:
Poppy Parade – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4" to create card base
Basic Black – 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Coastal Cabana – 5" x 3 3/4"
Whisper White – 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
Santa's Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper – 4 3/4" x 1"; images of elf and signpost
- Stamp the gifts along the left side of the Coastal Cabana piece in Coastal Cabana ink.
- Cut left end of the DSP (4 3/4" x 1") with the Banner Triple Punch and glue to the middle of the Coastal Cabana matching up the right edges.
- Banner cut the left edge of the ribbon and glue ribbon on top of DSP affixing to the back of the Coastal Cabana.
- Glue Coastal Cabana piece to the Basic Black piece and glue both to the card front.
- Cut out the 2 1/2" circle from the Whisper White using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and Big Shot.
- Stamp the sentiment in the upper right corner of the circle in Poppy Parade ink.
- Pop up the circle over the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut out the Santa from the DSP with the matching framelits.
- Pop up the Santa with Stampin' Dimensionals to the left of the words.
- Colour the fur on the hat and Santa's beard with Wink of Stella.
- Add some rhinestones randomly on the card.
Here are the products I used in my card today (click on the pictures to be directed to my online store):