Today I'm sharing another card in our One Sheet Wonder series, when Patsy and I each share a card using pieces from our One Sheet Wonder pattern. My card today uses Piece C (5 1/4" x 2").
This month we're highlighting the All is Bright Designer Series Paper from the All is Bright Suite in the Holiday Catalogue. The All is Bright Suite of products is the featured suite in November for our Free Card Program. When you purchase the stamps and dies together in a bundle you save 10%.
Each package of Designer Series Paper includes 12 sheets, 12" x 12" (6 designs, 2 of each). The paper coordinates with Call me Clover, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, gold, Real Red, Shaded Spruce and Whisper White. I think it's awesome that you an use different colours of green and red for your cards because the paper compliments different shades!
I used the same patterned paper for the strip under my die cut "Merry" but reversed it from the printed side. This paper is so awesome because it's double-sided and one side of each piece is a neutral palette. I embossed the "Christmas" in gold because it's such a classic holiday colour and I also embossed only the top part of the word "Merry" in gold so it would "pop" off the page.
Here's how to make today's card with piece C from the pattern.
Very Vanilla Thick – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Crumb Cake – 5 1/4" x 4"; 5" x 2"
Real Red – 3 1/4" x 1 1/4"
All is Bright Designer Series Paper – Piece C (5 1/4" x 2"); 5 1/4" x 3/4"
- Score the Very Vanilla Thick cardstock at 4 1/4" (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") and fold to create card base.
- Emboss the Crumb Cake cardstock (5 1/4" x 4") with the Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Big Shot. Adhere to the card front.
- Adhere Piece C DSP across the middle of the Crumb Cake piece.
- Adhere the strip of DSP across the middle of Piece C (reversing to neutral side).
- Cut out the "Merry" from the Crumb Cake (5" x 2") using the Merry Christmas Thinlits Dies and Big Shot.
- Apply Versamark to the top edge of the "Merry", apply gold emboss powder and heat set. Adhere to the DSP strip on an angle.
- Stamp Christmas from the Merry Christmas to All stamp set in Versamark ink on the Real Red cardstock, apply gold emboss powder and heat set.
- Cut out embossed "Christmas" with the label die from the Merry Christmas Thinlits Dies and pop up on the lower right side of the card front.
- Add metallic pearls to either side of the label.
- Tie a bow in the Real Red ribbon and glue dot to the upper left corner of the DSP.
Here's the pattern for your 12" x 12" One Sheet Wonder Cards:
Supplies used for today's project are Stampin' Up! which can be purchased through my Online Store (click on the picture and you'll be directed to my store):