It's Card Swap Sunday and today I'm sharing a card I received in a swap using products from the soon to be released Occasions Catalogue.
Today's Card Swap Sunday share was created by my friend Jenilee Pauls and features the adorable litter otter from the Hey Love Stamp Set. Such a super cute Valentine card!
The swirly background is created with the Marbled Background Stamp from the Annual Catalogue. Have you ever noticed this amazing stamp before? I think it works beautifully with this card don't you? I hate a plain background so I either stamp or emboss it to add some interest.
The patterned paper is from the All My Love Suite of products in the Occasions Catalogue. This suite will be featured in my January FREE card program and the All My Love Designer Series Paper will be showcased every Tuesday in January in my One Sheet Wonder series here on my blog.
Check out the little heart on this card. It's from the Heart Epoxy Droplets, a new embellishment from the All My Love Suite.
Here's how you can make this adorable card yourself at home:
Crumb Cake – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White – 3 1/2" x 2"
Flirty Flamingo – 3 5/8" x 2 1/8"
All My Love DSP – 4" x 3"; 4" x 1/2"
- Score the Crumb Cake at 4 1/4" and fold in half to form card base.
- Ink the Marbled Background Stamp in Crumb Cake ink and stamp on the front of the card.
- Glue the DSP to the middle of the card. Banner cut the right end of the smaller strip of DSP and glue across the DSP approximately 1" from bottom edge.
- Stamp the otter and sentiment in Memento Ink on the Whisper White.
- Colour the otter with Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends. Colour the heart with Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blend.
- Add a small Epoxy heart to the coloured heart.
- Mount the stamped piece to the Flirty Flamingo layer.
- Wrap some baker's twine around your fingers and glue to the back of the Flirty Flamingo.
- Pop up the stamped piece with Stampin' Dimensionals in the middle of the DSP.
Here's the products used in today's cards – some of them are not available for purchase until January 3rd. When you spend $60 from Jan 3 – March 31 you can pick a free reward from the Sale-a-bration brochure. Check back on Jan 3 to view the online versions of both the Occasions and Sale-a-bration catalogues.
Did you love this share today? Check back tomorrow when I'll share another cute sample using the Hey Love Stamp Set…just in time for Valentine's Day.
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.