It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Today's card is from my friend Melva Peters using the Lilypad Lake stamp set from the Annual Catalogue. Melva's card is an exact CASE from page 133.
Here's how today's card was created:
- Mint Macaron – 11" x 4 1/4"; 3 1/2" x 3/4"
- Whisper White – 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Shimmery White – 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
- Tranquil Tide – scrap
- Fold Mint Macaron cardstock on score line and create card base.
- Cut out the waves from the Shimmery White using the Lakeside Framelits Dies and Big Shot.
- Wrap the ribbon around the lower part of Shimmery White and glue to back.
- Glue to the front of the card but only apply glue to the outside edges.
- Stamp the lily pad image in Smoky Slate on Whisper White and colour with Calypso Coral, Mint Macaron ink using the Aqua Painter. Cut out with the Framelits and Big Shot.
- Stamp the crane in Gray Granite ink on Whisper White and cut out with framelits and Big Shot.
- Cut out two of the grass pieces from the Tranquil Tide scrap with the Framelits and Big Shot.
- Glue one piece of grass behind the lily pad and glue both to the card as sown.
- Add a piece of grass in the upper right corner.
- Tuck the legs of the crane in the waves and pop up bird on the card front in upper right area.
- Stamp the sentiment in Tranquil Tide on the Mint Macaron. Cut out with the frame from the Lakeside Framelits Dies and Big Shot.
- Pop up the sentiment on top of the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow in Linen Thread and glue dot below the sentiment.
Here are the products used in today's card (click on the pictures and be directed to my store):Let's hop over and see what Patsy has CASED today.