I recently participated in two swaps using products from the Occasions Catalogue and the Sale-a-bration brochure – both launch for you on January 3rd (only 1 more sleep!)
On Sunday and Monday I shared some cards using one of the new stamp sets from the Occasions Catalogue called Hey Love. Today's card was created by my friend Sherry Roth and features that cute little otter again!
The otter image is stamped in Memento Ink and coloured with Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue and Flirty Flamingo inks using the Aqua Painter. This gives a really easy watercolour look.
The layer with the otter is cut out with the brand new Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies featured in the upcoming Occasions Catalogue (it's launching tomorrow so not long to wait!). The stitching is added at the same time as the rectangle is cut so it's just one run through the Big Shot. I love how Sherry's card is tone on tone meaning the otter is stamped on Whisper White and then popped up in the middle of the Whisper White layer. The stitching gives it dimension and creates enough of a contrast between the stamped layer and the card even though they are the same colour.
Here's how you can make this adorable card yourself at home:
Whisper White Thick- 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
Whisper White – 5" x 3 3/4"; 3 1/2" x 2 1/4"; 2 1/4" x 3/4"
Flirty Flamingo – 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
- Score the Whisper White Thick and fold to create card front.
- Use the Framelits with Embossing Mat and Big shot to create the "frame" in the middle of the card. The Embossing Mat allows the cardstock to be embossed and not cut. See the picture below.
- Glue the Whisper White to the Flirty Flamingo and glue both to the card front
- Stamp the otter in Memento ink on the 3 1/2" x 2 1/4" Whisper White and colour with Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue and Flirty Flamingo inks with the Aqua Painter.
- Cut out the image with the Rectangle Stitched Framelits and Big Shot.
- Pop up the stamped image inside the embossed stitching created in Step 2 with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment on the strip of Whisper White and angle cut the right edge. Pop up with Stampin' Dimensionals lining up the left edges.
- Tie a bow in the ribbon and glue dot to the left side of the sentiment.
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code H346DKCM
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply