Have you seen the absolutely adorable Fable Friends Stamp Set in the Occasions Catalogue? The images are nostalgic to me and remind me so much of the Beatrix Potter characters Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddle-Duck.
Today I'm sharing a really sweet card using the "Peter Rabbit" character.
How sweet is this little bunny? I coloured him in with my Stampin' Blends which makes the shading so easy. The Gingham Gala 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper is perfect for all the images in the Fable Friends Stamp Set.
I shared a video on my Stamp Crazy Hangout Facebook Group last week showing how to make this card. I'd love to have you join me on my group - Click Here to Join Stamp Crazy Hangout Facebook Group!
Here's the video – it was filmed as a Facebook Live and so the quality is not as good as a regular video but hopefully you'll get some tips.
Here's what you need to know to make my Peter Rabbit card:
Whisper White Thick – 11" x 4 1/4"; score at 5 1/2" to form card base
Whisper White – 4" x 3"; 3" x 2"
Balmy Blue – 5 1/4" x 4"
Gingham Gala 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper – 4 1/4" x 3"
- Fold the Whisper White Thick cardstock on the score line to create card base.
- Emboss the Balmy Blue using the Basket Weave Dynamic Embossing Folder and Big Shot. Glue to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink at the bottom of the Designer Series Paper, apply Black Stampin' Emboss powder and heat set. Glue to the middle of the Balmy Blue.
- Wrap the Lemon Lime Twist ribbon around the middle of the card and tie in a bow towards the left side.
- Cut out the largest oval from the Whisper White (4" x 3") using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and Big Shot.
- Stamp the grass image in Lemon Lime Twist ink on the bottom of the oval.
- Use Balmy Blue and Lemon Lime Twist ink and an Aqua Painter to create a sky and grass on the oval.
- Pop up the oval with Stampin' Dimensionals on the top of the DSP.
- Stamp the bunny image in Memento Black ink on the Whisper White (3" x 2"). Colour the image with Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue and Color Lifter Stampin' Blends. Cut out bunny with Paper Snips.
- Pop up the bunny on the oval with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add two small pearls to the buttons on the bunny's coat.
I've had so much fun playing with this set that I'm featuring it all week – check back Tomorrow, Wednesday & Friday to see more projects. Here's a sneak peek:
Here's the products I used in today's card:
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.