It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Today I'm CASING a sketch featured on page 48 of the Annual Catalogue. The original card used the Postcard Pals Stamp Set. I substituted the Best Catch Cling Stamp Set from page 44 of the Occasions Catalogue.
I'm loving the Best Catch Cling Stamp Set and coordinating Catch of the Day Thinlits Dies and when you purchase them together in a bundle you save 10%. I always find masculine themed cards the most challenging but this bundle makes it simple.
If you'd like to make my card here's all the details:
- Lemon Lime Twist – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score at 4 1/4"; 2" x 3"
- Coastal Cabana – 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- Whisper White -4 3/4" x 3 1/2"; 3" x 3"
- Basic Black – 2 3/4" x 1/2"
- Fold Lemon Lime Twist (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock on score line to create card base.
- Emboss the Whisper White (4 3/4" x 3 1/2") with the Seaside Embossing Folder and Big Shot. You might have to spritz the paper with water to avoid cracking. Glue to the front of the card at an angle.
- Cut out frame using the 2 3/4" square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies with the 2 1/4" square nested inside. Run through the Big Shot.
- Pop up the Frame on the Whisper White embossed layer with Foam Adhesive strips.
- Cut out the reeds from the Lemon Lime Twist (2" x 3") using the Catch of the Day Thinlits Die and Big Shot. Glue to the right side of the frame.
- Cut a piece of Copper Trim ribbon (3") and spread open to resemble a net. Glue on top of the reeds.
- Stamp the fish image on the Whisper White (3" x 3") in Memento Black ink.
- Colour the fish with Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst ink using the Aqua Painter.
- Cut out with coordinating die and Big Shot.
- Add Wink of Stella Clear Glimmer pen to the top part of the fish. Glue fish to the copper trim.
- Stamp the sentiment on Basic Black strip in Versamark, apply White Stampin' Emboss Powder and head set. Banner cut both ends and glue to the top left corner of the frame.
Here's the products I used in my card today (click on the picture to be taken to my online store):