It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Today's CASE is based on a card using the Notes of Kindness Card Kit featured on page 202 of the Annual Catalogue. I changed up the colours and stamp set but kept the layout the same. I find when I look at the structure and components of a card made by one of our Concept Artists at Stampin' Up! it's easier to swap out the elements.
The Free As a Bird Cling Stamp Set and coordinating Stitched Nested Labels Dies are part of the Bird Ballad Suite on pages 90-92 in the Annual Catalogue. Patsy and I are featuring the whole suite in our Free card program for August.
Read about my FREE card program here
If you'd like to make my card here's all the details:
- Whisper White Thick – 8 1/2" x 5 1/4"; score at 4 1/4"
- Balmy Blue – 3 1/2" x 1"
- Basic Black – 3" x 1 1/2"
- Whisper White – scrap
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper – 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
- Fold the Whisper White Thick cardstock on the score line to create card front.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the middle of the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark on Basic Black; apply White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Cut out the sentiment with the 2 3/8" x 1" rectangle die.
- Glue the embossed Basic Black to the middle of the Balmy Blue approximately 1/2" from the top edge.
- Pop up both piece on the lower right side of the DSP with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp a flower and set of leaves in Memento Black ink on the Whisper White scrap.
- Colour the flower with Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends and the centre of the flower with the Pumpkin Pie Light Stampin' Blend. Cut out with Paper Snips.
- Colour the leaves with Old Olive Stampin' Blends and cut out with Paper Snips.
- Glue the leaves to the upper right corner of the Balmy Blue and pop up the flower on top of the leaves with a Stampin' Dimensional.lower stem.
Check out what Patsy's CASED today on her blog!
Here's the products I used in my card today (click on the picture to be taken to my online store):
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store
You can purchase the products I used in today's card in my online store – click on the pictures to be redirected to start buying:
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code H346DKCM
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply