It's Just in Case Thursday – the day where Patsy Waggoner (my Border Buddy) and I share a card we've CASED (copy and selectively edit) from one of our current publications. Today's card uses the Fanciful Fragrance from page 112 of the catalogue.
I based my card on a sample featured on page 64 of the Annual Catalogue using the Piece of Cake Stamp Set and Cake Builder Punch.
I changed up the colours, Designer Series Paper and stamp set to create my CASE.
- Whisper White Thick – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Whisper White – 3" x 3"; 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"; 2 1/4" x 3/8"
- Petal Pink – 4 1/4" x 3"
- Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper – 5 1/4" x 4"
- Fold Whisper White Thick cardstock in half to form card front.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the card front.
- Punch the upper right and lower right corners of the Petal Pink cardstock using the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Emboss the Petal Pink using the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder.
- Wrap some Linen Thread in loops and glue to the back of the Petal Pink piece and pop up piece in the middle of the Designer Series Paper with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut out the 2 3/8" circle from the Whisper White (3" x 3") using the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Pop up the circle on the Petal Pink piece on the left side with the edge extending past the left side of the Petal Pink.
- Stamp the perfume bottles in Soft Suite ink on the Whisper White (3 1/4" x 3 1/4") and cut out with Paper Snips.
- Glue the perfume bottles on the circle. Add Wink of Stella to the tops of the bottles and other elements of the images.
- Add a piece of of the vintage tape from the Pressed Petals Specialty Washi Tape on the Petal Pink approximately 1" from the bottom edge allowing it to extend beyond the right edge.
- Stamp the words in Soft Suede on the Whisper White (2 1/4" x 3/8"). You can add a piece of tape to the "dear you" words, ink the stamp and remove the tape so you only get the "Thanks for everything" words. You can also use a Stampin' Write Markers on the words you wish to stamp. This technique is called "omitting" as you only use part of the sentiment.
- Glue the stamped strip to the top of the washi tape.
Check out what Patsy CASED today on her blog.
Here's the products you need to make today's card (click on the picture and start shopping!)If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code H346DKCM
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply