It's Just in Case Thursday – the day where Patsy Waggoner (my Border Buddy) and I share a card we've CASED (copy and selectively edit) from one of our current publications. Today's card uses the Birds of a Feather Cling Stamp Set from page 50 of the Holiday Catalogue. The images are so adorable and cover off Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines and Halloween.
Sometimes I switch out the stamp set and/or colours on a card. Here's the original card which used the Label Me Pretty Stamp Set from page 19 of the Annual Catalogue. I used it as a sketch for my card.
- Smoky Slate – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Whisper White – 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
- Basic Gray – 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"; 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper (DSP) 6" x 6" – 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
- Monster Bash Designer Series Paper (DSP) 6" x 6" – 3 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Fold Smoky Slate (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock in half to form card front.
- Glue the Daffodil Delight DSP to the Basic Gray mat.
- Glue the Monster Bash DSP to the Daffodil Delight DSP approximately 1" from the bottom edge.
- Separate a few strands* of the Whisper White Flex Ribbon and wrap around the middle of the Monster Bash DSP and tie in a bow on the left side.
- Glue the Basic Gray layer to the card front.
- Cut out the 2 3/8" circle from the Whisper White cardstock using the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Stamp the duck image in Tuxedo Memento ink on the circle.
- Colour the image with Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green and So Saffron Combo Stampin' Blends.
- Pop up the circle on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark on Basic Gray, add White Emboss Powder and heat set. Punch the sentiment out with the 1" Circle Punch and pop up with Stampin' Dimensionals on the top right of the Whisper White circle.
*Cut the salvage edge from the Whisper White Flex Ribbon and pull away the individual strands.Check out what Patsy CASED today on her blog.
Here's the products you need to make today's card (click on the picture and start shopping!)If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
- For each $20 you spend (before shipping/taxes) you earn a punch on my Customer Reward Card. When you fill the card (15 punches) you earn a gift.
- Every order earns a free PDF set of instructions for 8 cards featuring the month's Suite.
- When you order $50 or more, I send you two of the cards from the instructions by mail.
- If you use my current Hostess Code, I send you an added gift.
- Click to read all about my program!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE