It's Just in Case Thursday – the day where Patsy Waggoner (my Border Buddy) and I share a card we've CASED (copy and selectively edit) from one of our current publications. Today's card uses the Free Skate Cling Stamp Set from page 44 of the Holiday Catalogue. My sister Ellie Blake made me this card and I love it!
Sometimes the best way to spark your creativity, especially when you are stuck, is to CASE a card exactly like it is from the catalogue. Ellie used the same colours and stamps as the concept artist and it's stunning in person.
Pretty Peacock – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 5 1/4" x 4"
Mint Macaron – 6" x 3 1/2"
Gold Foil Sheet – 4" x 3"
Whisper White – 3" x 2"
- Fold Pretty Peacock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock in half to form card front.
- Stamp the snowflakes in Versmark ink, add Shimmer White Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Stamp the skate image 2 times on the Mint Macaron in Memento Black ink. Cut out with coordinating die.
- Cut 2 skate blades and 1 bow from the Gold Foil Sheet using the dies.
- Glue one skate to the embossed piece.
- Pop up the second skate to the right of the first with Stampin' Dimensions.
- Stamp the sentiment in Pretty Peacock ink on the Whisper White and cut out with the Timeless Label Punch.
- Pop up the sentiment above the skates on the left side and add the gold bow to the right of the label.
- Add the skate blades to the skate.
- Squeese some Delicate Metallic Golden Glitz Ink Refill on an acrylic block and pick up with a Blender Pen (or dry Aqua Painter) and add to the laces on each skate. Let dry.
Here's the products you need to make today's card (click on the picture and start shopping!)If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
When you place an online order you earn the following gifts:
- Every online order earns a free PDF set of instructions for 8 cards featuring the month's Suite.
- When you order $50 or more, I send you two of the cards from the instructions by mail.
- When you use the Host Code (or spend $200) you earn a punch for each $20 you spend (before shipping/taxes) on my Customer Reward Card. When you fill the card (15 punches) you earn a gift.
- Click to read all about my program!