It's Just in Case Thursday – the day where Patsy Waggoner (my Border Buddy) and I share a card we've CASED (copy and selectively edit) from one of our current publications. Today's card uses the Perfectly Plaid Cling Stamp Set and Pine Tree Punch from page 13 of the Holiday Catalogue.
Sometimes the best way to spark your creativity, especially when you are stuck, is to CASE a card exactly like it is from the catalogue. I copied the card from page 3 of the catalogue. I love the non-traditional Christmas colours.
Pool Party – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 5 1/4" x 4"; 2 1/2" x 1 1/2"
Whisper White -3 1/2" x 3 1/2"; 3 1/2" x 1"; 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" (2 pieces)
Brights 6 x 6" Designer Series Paper – 5 1/2" x 2"
- Fold Pool Party (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock in half to form card front.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the bottom of the card front.
- Cut the 3" circle from the Whisper White (3 1/2" x 3 1/2") using the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Stamp the open leaf tree image on Whisper White (2 1/2" x 1 1/2") and the plaid tree image on the second Whisper White (2 1/2" x 1 1/2") in Granny Apple Green ink and punch both trees out with Pine Tree Punch.
- Stamp the open leaf tree image in Versamark on the Pool Party (2 1/2" x 1 1/2"), apply Shimmer White Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set. Punch out with Pine Tree Punch.
- Glue the open leaf green image to the left side of the circle. Glue the embossed blue tree to the right of the first tree and pop up the third tree with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Granny Apple Green ribbon and tape to the back of the circle. Add a bow made with White Baker's Twine and glue dot on top. Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals on the card.
- Place a piece of tape over the "Christmas Cheer" words in the sentiment. Ink the rest of the sentiment in Granny Apple Green ink. Remove the tape and stamp on the Whisper White (3 1/2" x 1").
- Clean the sentiment. Place a piece of tape over the top of the sentiment and ink the "Christmas Cheer" in Real Red ink. Remove the tape and stamp the sentiment under the first 2 lines.
- Banner cut the right edge of the piece.
- Glue the banner to the circle as shown in picture.
- Add sequins to the card.
Here's the products you need to make today's card (click on the picture and start shopping!)If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
When you place an online order you earn the following gifts:
- Every online order earns a free PDF set of instructions for 8 cards featuring the month's Suite.
- When you order $50 or more, I send you two of the cards from the instructions by mail.
- When you use the Host Code (or spend $200) you earn a punch for each $20 you spend (before shipping/taxes) on my Customer Reward Card. When you fill the card (15 punches) you earn a gift.
- Click to read all about my program!