Today is Just in Case Thursday and it's Alison here this week.
Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edt). Sometimes we change the stamps or colours or both to create our own version and show you how you can look through our beautiful catalogues for ideas for your own projects.
Today's card features the adorable Wildly Happy Stamp Set. The beautiful line drawn images are so precious and include parents and babies from the animal world. I based my card on a layout from page 20 of the Annual Catalogue.
The original card features the Under My Umbrella Stamps and coordinating Umbrella Builder Punch. I changed up the stamps, dies and colours for my version.
The Wildly Happy Stamp Set images are so cute.
Simple Stamping Steps and Measurements
- Smoky Slate  (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored and folded at 4 1/4")
- Whisper White Cardstock  (2 1/4" x 2 1/4"; 2 1/2" x 2 1/2")
- Rose Rococo  (3" x 3")
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (3" x 3")
- Fold the Smoky Slate in half to create card base.
- Emboss the front of the card using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Colour a piece of 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon with the Dark Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends. Wrap around the card and tie in a bow towards the left side.
- Cut out the 2 5/8" square from the Rococo Rose and Designer Series Paper with the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Glue the Rococo Rose square to the front of the card and glue the Designer Series Paper square on top at an angle.
- Stamp the sentiment in Rococo Rose ink on the White White (2 1/4" x 2 1/4") and cut out with the 1 7/8 circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Glue the circle to the Designer Series Paper square as shown.
- Stamp the elephant image in Smoky Slate ink on the White White cardstock 2 1/2" x 2 1/2") and fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Colour the elephants with Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends Combo Pack. Blend with the Color Lifter Stampin' Blend leaving some white areas.
- Pop up the elephants on the top of the stamped circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add metallic pearls to finish off your card.
If you'd like to shop for the products I used today you can click on any of the pictures in my product list and you'll be directed to my store.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Free PDF Tutorial and Card Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Free PDF Tutorial & Card Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!