Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner (my border buddy) and I (Alison Solven) take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. I love sketches because all the measurements and layout are illustrated and I just have to decide what stamps, colours and embellishments to add.
Today's card features the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set which is part of the In Good Taste Suite.
The In Good Taste Designer Series paper is my favourite new patterned paper and you can see some of the patterns on the card as well as the back drop in my picture. I love that the paper coordinates with Petal Pink, Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Gray Granite and Basic Gray so lots of choices.
Beautiful layers and rich textures combine to make the perfect creation. Adjust the color scheme to make the project feminine or masculine. Each sheet has photographic images of wood, tile, stone, and other elements. The images and visual textures add interest to a variety of projects.
* 24 sheets of patterned paper: 2 each of 12 double-sided designs
* 12" x 12" (30.5 x 30.5 cm)
* Acid free
* Lignin free
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout as I did today or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
Today’s Stampin’ Up! colour palette is…
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Fold a piece of Rococo Rose Cardstock in half to create card base. (topfold 4 1/4" x 11" or side fold 5 1/2" x 8 1/2").
- Stamp the ornate background image randomly on the card front in Rococo Rose ink, some full strength and some stamped off to lighten the colour.
- Glue a piece of Designer Series Paper (3" x 3 3/4") to the card front as shown.
- Stamp the flower on the Designer Series Paper (2 1/4" x 2 1/2") in Gray Granite ink on the lower right corner.
- Use tape to "omit" the words YOU ARE SO from the sentiment and ink up the word Special in Early Espresso ink. Remove the tape and stamp on the flower.
- Clean the stamp and apply tape to the word Special and stamp YOU ARE SO on Early Espresso (3/8" x 2 1/8) in Versamark ink, apply White Emboss Powder and Heat Set.
- Glue the Early Espresso strip to the top left corner of the stamped piece letting the left side extend off the edge.
- Cut a piece of Rococo Rose 1/2" Scalloped Line Ribbon and glue to the back of the stamped piece on the left side. Pop up the piece with Stampin' Dimensionals on the card front as shown.
All images and products are from Stampin' Up!®
These are the supplies I used in today's card:
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Free PDF Tutorial and Card Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Free PDF Tutorial & Card Program (Canadian Customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST