Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog to inspire you!
Today's card features the Free as a Bird Stamp Set and Stitched Rectangle Dies by Stampin’ Up!®. If you dislike cutting layers the Stitched Rectangles is the perfect solution. The set has 13 different size rectangle stitched dies. I love the layout that the Stampin' Up! graphic artist choose. The different shape layers gives this card so much dimension.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today I simply choose a different stamp set.
I custom colored the Crinkle Whisper White 1/4 Ribbon with the Stampin' Blend Cajun Craze Dark. It is so easy to make matching ribbon for any project using the Stampin' Blends and white ribbon.
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Basic Gray 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Coastal Cabana – 2 @ 1" x 5"
- Granny Apple Green – 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
- Whisper White – Bird Rectangles 3 1/4" x 4 1/2", Inside 4" x 5 1/4"
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold the Basic Gray cardstock in half to create card base.
- Glue the two Coastal Cabana Strips across the card front, one about 1" from the top and the other 1" from the bottom.
- Cut out the Granny Apple Green cardstock using one of the Stitched Rectangle Shapes (3" x 4 3/8").
- Stamp the leaves in Granny Apple Green Classic Ink randomly and glue it to the card front center.
- Cut out three Stitched Rectangle Shapes (1" x 2 1/2") out of the Whisper White Cardstock.
- Stamp left bird in Basic Gray Classic Ink on one of the rectangles.
- The two middle birds in Bumble Bee Classic Ink on another rectangle.
- Stamp the right-hand bird in Cajun Craze and a flower in Coastal Cabana in the upper right-hand corner of the remaining rectangle .
- Adhere them to the center of the card-front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Color the Crinkle White Ribbon with the Cajun Craze Dark Stampin' Blend and tie in a bow and adhere to the upper left-hand corner of the Granny Apple Green cardstock.
- Stamp "thanks" in Cajun Craze Classic Ink on the Bumble Bee Strip and adhere to the left rectangle with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Adhere the inside Whisper White to the inside of the card and stamp a greeting if you wish in Cajun Craze.
Today's Stampin’ Up!® color palette…
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST