Pet lovers are howling with excitement over the purr-fectly whimsical Playful Pets suite. The Playful Pets bundle of stamps and dies are a must-have for anyone with a fur-baby. The Playful Pets Designer Series Paper is a great accent and some of the designs coordinate with the dies to create fast and fabulous pet cutouts.
In this tutorial I'm showing one layout done two ways. The first is a simple stamping (#simplestamping) card using stamps, ink, and paper. The second card is the stepped up version that adds in die cutting, 3D embossing, and heat embossing.
Simple Stamping Version:
- Cut Basic Gray card stock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". Score at 4 1/4" along the 8 1/2" side to form card base.
- Adhere 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White card stock to inside of the card.
- Adhere the 3" x 4" stripped Playful Pets Designer Series Paper centering on the card front.
- Stamp heart images above and below the stripped paper in Basic Gray ink.
- Stamp dog image on a piece of sticky note paper to create a mask. Fussy cut out just the left side of dog image.
- Stamp the dog on 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" Whisper White cardstock in Black StazOn ink.
- Line up the mask on the stamped dog image and then stamp the cat partly overlapping the dog image. The mask will make it look like the cat is behind the dog.
- Colour the cat and dog images in with Watercolor Pencils: Basic Gray, Real Red, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, and Cajun Craze.
- Stamp greeting on top left of Whisper White layer in Real Red ink.
- Pop up Whisper White layer to center of card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow in the Baker's Twine. Adhere to card with a Mini Glue Dot.
Stepped Up Stamping Version:
- Cut Basic Gray cardstock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". Score at 4-1/4" along the 8-1/2" side.
- Adhere 4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White cardstock to the inside of the card.
- Die cut small paws in a row at the top and bottom of the 3 5/8" x 5 1/8" Basic Gray cardstock layer. Center the piece to the card front.
- Adhere the 3" x 4" stripped Playful Pets Designer Series Paper center on the die cut piece.
- Emboss 3 3/4" x 3 1/4" Whisper White cardstock layer with Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.
- Wrap Baker's Twine around embossed layer and tie a bow at the left edge.
- Die cut cat and dog images from the Playful Pets Designer Series Paper with the coordinating dies.
- Pop up die cut animals to Whisper White embossed layer with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Adhere layer centered on the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting on 2 1/2" x 1" Real Red cardstock with VersaMark ink. Cover ink generously with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. Tap off excess powder. Heat emboss with Heat Tool. Adhere on card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use a Mini Glue Dot to adhere Playful Pets Trinket to the dog's collar.
Here's the products used in today's cards (click on the picture and you'll be directed to my store:
The Playful Pets Suite is featured in my FREE PDF offer to anyone placing an order in my store.
When you place an online order you earn the following gifts:
- For each $25 you spend (before shipping/taxes) you earn a punch on my Customer Reward Card. When you fill the card (15 punches) you earn a gift.
- Every order earns a free PDF set of instructions for 8 cards featuring the month's Suite.
- When you order $50 or more, I send you two of the cards from the instructions by mail.
- If you use my current Hostess Code, I send you an added gift.
- Click to read all about my program!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE
I work with my Border Buddy, Patsy Waggoner, in the US and we hope you find inspiration in our posts.
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
- Alison’s E-Newsletter (Canadian Customers)
- Patsy’s E- Newsletter (US Customers)
Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with our Customer Rewards.
- Alison’s Free PDF Tutorial & Card Program (Canadian Customers)
- Patsy’s Free PDF Tutorial and Card Program (US Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
- Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Online Store (US customers