It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I’m stuck and seem to have lost my stampin’ mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today’s card features the Poinsettia Petals Bundle which includes the gorgeous Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set and the coordinating Poinsettia Dies. When you bundle them you save 10%.
The Poinsettia Place Suite Collection of products is gorgeous.
Nothing says classic Christmas like the Poinsettia Place Suite Collection. Create pretty, seasonal blooms that embody elegant beauty in a traditional color scheme.
The Poinsettia Place Suite Collection includes:
* Poinsettia Petals Photopolymer Stamp Set (10% off)
* Poinsettia Dies (10% off)
* Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper
* Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper
* Beaded Pearls
* Real Red 3/8″ (1 cm) Sheer Ribbon
Product colors: Bumblebee, Garden Green, Old Olive, Real Red, Soft Suede
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today’s card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Shimmery White –
- Cardbase -5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Stamped layer – 2 3/4″ x 4″
- Poinsettia – 5 1/4″ x 5″
- Cardstock Vellum: 2 3/4″ x 4″
- Silver Foil: 3″ x 4″
- Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper: pattern with leaves
- Fold the Whisper White in half to create card base.
- Glue the Plus Poinsettia Specialty Paper to the middle of the card front. I use glue dots strategically behind the images to hide them.
- Glue dot the vellum to the Specialty Paper on an angle.
- Ink the sentiment in Versmark ink on the lower corner of the Shimmery White, apply Silver Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Glue stamped piece to the vellum offsetting as shown.
- Cut out the 3 sizes of poinsettia from Shimmery White with the dies. You will nest the embossing dies inside the outline dies and cut at the same time.
- Cut out one small full poinsettia flower with the die from Shimmery White.
- Gently curve the leaves of the flower with a bone folder. Glue the pieces together stacking them one on top of each other (see picture).
- Cut out three leaves from the Specialty Paper with the dies.
- Glue leaves to the back of the poinsettia.
- Cut out two sprigs from the Silver Foil using the die. Glue to back of flower.
- Pop up the flower on the stamped piece with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add a beaded pearl to the center of the flower.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison’s Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy’s Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST