It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I'm stuck and seem to have lost my stampin' mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today's card features the Playful Pets Designer Series Paper which has so many adorable patterns. The cats in my card were cut out with the Layering Circle Dies and Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Real Red - Cardbase -5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Playful Pets Designer Series Paper
Layer 1 – 5" x 1 3/4"
Circles – (3) 1 1/2"
Banner – 2" x 1 1/2" (cut to 3" x 1 1/2" to all for cutting)
- Fold the Real Red cardstock in half to create card base.
- Stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Basic Black ink on the lower right corner.
- Cut out three images from the Designer Series Paper using the circle die from the Layering Circle Dies using the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Glue the circles to the DSP (Layer 1) evenly spaced.
- Banner cut the end of the strip of DSP and glue to the back of Layer 1.
- Glue the DSP pieces to the card front.
- Tie a bow in the Playful Pets Trim and glue dot to the banner.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST