How are your days going with the lifestyle changes during covid-19? We have all had to adapt to new routines and how we gather with family and friends. So grateful that we have the ability to keep in touch online. Stamping has always helped take my mind of the stresses of life, I hope it can do the same for you.
It is time for our Just in CASE series. My Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I take turns creating a card to share each week, this week it is my turn. We CASE projects from a current Stampin’ Up! catalog to share. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog to inspire you!
Today's card features the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set from Stampin' Up! mixed with some naturals colors and a pop of Real Red.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today is a close case with simply changing the the stamp set, the designer paper and the embossing folder.
Which is your favorite the Poinsettia or the Sunflower? Comment here
Stampin' Up! Color Pallet
While the colors look very different in the photo I used the same colors as the Stampin' Up! concept artist.
The red berries are cut from the Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper using the coordinating Sunflower Dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Crumb Cake (base): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
- Whisper White (sunflower): 4" x 4"
- Garden Green (leaves): 2" 4 1/4"
- Old Olive (leaves): 1 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Bumblebee (sprigs): 3" x 4 1/4"
- Real Red (words): 9/16" x 3"
- Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper (background): 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
- Emboss the front of the cardbase using the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Glue the designer paper to the center of the card front.
- Cut out the Bumblebee springs using the Poinsettia Place Die and the Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Glue the springs to the card front arrange as shown in the image.
- Stamp the sunflower from the Celebrate Sunflower stamp set on Whisper White cardstock in Early Espresso Ink.
- Color the center of the flower with So Saffron Stampin' Blend.
- Cut out the flower with the coordinating Sunflower Dies and Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Stamp the larger leaves in Garden Green ink on Garden Green paper and cut out with coordinating Sunflower Die adhere to the back side of the sunflower as shown in the image.
- Stamp the smaller leaves in Old Olive Ink on Old Olive paper and cut out with the coordinating Sunflower Die, adhere to the back side of the sunflower as shown in the image..
- Cut out the red berries from the designer paper using the coordinating Poinsettia Place Die, adhere to the back side of the sunflower as shown in the image.
- Heat Emboss the words in white on the Real Read cardstock and adhere to the lower right-hand corner of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!