Hello Stampers it is Sunday Sketch today, Patsy here!
My goal with today's Sunday Sketch since it was only October was to demonstrate how you could use this card for other seasons besides winter. I should have created a "real" snow front card since it seems winter wants to come early in Minnesota. This past week we have had to shovel snow! Sad Face.
I truly love this style of two step stamp set which allows you to layer two or more images to create one final image with extra texture and dimension in the colors you want. Masculine cards are always a challenge for some so hopefully today's card will inspire your next guy card.
Each Sunday Alison Solven (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way. I really enjoyed create a card with today's sketch.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout like I did today or change it up a bit, by turning the sketch from portrait to horizontally or using a square instead of a circle etc. Let your imagination run wild!
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Garden Green (card base): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Garden Green (mat): 3" x 4 1/4"
- Very Vanilla (front): 4" x 5 1/4"
- Very Vanilla (circle): 2" x 2"
- Very Vanilla (tree): scrap
- Soft Suede (scallop circle): 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"
- Crumb Cake (words): 2 3/4" x 4"
- Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper: 2" x 4"
- Fold the Garden Green on the score mark to create the card base.
- Glue the designer paper to the Very Vanilla (front) using Multipurpose Glue.
- Glue the Very Vanilla to the card base.
- Stamp the pine trees (from the Snow Front stamp set) in Crumb Cake Ink on the bottom of the Crumb Cake paper.
- Stamp the words in Early Espresso over the top of the stamped pines.
- Glue the Crumb Cake to the Garden Green Mat.
- Adhere the mat to the center of the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Glue horizontally a 4" piece of vanilla ribbon from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack about 1 1/4" from the top of the Crumb Cake paper.
- Tie a huge Linen Thread Bow and glue it to the center of the very vanilla ribbon with a glue dot.
- Cut out the Soft Suede paper using the scalloped die from Tasteful Label Dies using the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Cut out the Very Vanilla circle using the 1 5/8" circle from the Layering Circle Dies.
- Stamp the cabin in Early Espresso, the trees in Garden Green and the ground in Crumb Cake on the Very Vanilla circle.
- Glue the circle to the scalloped circle.
- Stamp the pine tree in Garden Green Ink on the scrap Very Vanilla and cut out with the Paper Snips and adhere to the circle with Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere the Soft Suede scalloped circle to the center of the Very Vanilla ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
- Patsy’s E- Newsletter (US Customers)
- Alison’s E-Newsletter (Canadian Customers)
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
- Patsy's Online Store (US customers)
- Alison’s Online Store(Canadian customers)
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code SAVKJSE6
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply