It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison Solven from Canada here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I'm stuck and seem to have lost my stampin' mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today I'm featuring TWO adorable stamp sets – one is brand new from the January – June 2021 Mini Catalogue called Hey Birthday Chick. Do the little chickens look familiar? If so it's because they were first introduced to us in the 2017 Sale-a-bration catalogue with a set called Hey Chick. Both stamp sets along with coordinating dies will be available starting February 1st!
Hey Birthday Chick Bundle (158631)
Hey Chick Bundle (158627)
You can create a card using the sketch exactly as it's presented or switch it up – it's meant to be a starting point for your creativity.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Gray Granite - Cardbase – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Gray Granite – circle – 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Cajun Craze – mat – 3 1/2" x 5"
- Cajun Craze – sentiment – 2 1/4" x 1/2"
- Basic White – chicken – 3" x 2 1/2"
- Basic White – stamped layer – 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"
- Silver Foil – 3 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Fold the Gray Granite cardstock in half to create card base.
- Ink the All Wired Up Stamp (149262) in Gray Granite Ink and stamp on the Basic White layer. Glue the stamped piece to the Cajun Craze mat.
- Glue both layers to the middle of the card front.
- Cut out the chicken wire from the Silver Foil using the dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Tape the chicken wire to the front of the card so the tape will be hidden under the circle.
- Cut the 2" circle from Gray Granite using the Stitched Shapes dies and Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Ink the sentiment in Versamark, apply White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Glue the sentiment to the middle of the circle.
- Stamp the chicken image in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colour with Stampin' Blends (Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green).
- Cut out the chicken with the Chick Dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine. Glue the chicken to the circle to the left of the sentiment.
- Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals in the middle of the chicken wire.
In January when you place an order in our online store you will receive a free PDF featuring instructions for 8 cards using the Love You Always Suite. Here's a sneak peak:
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST