Happy Sunday, Patsy Waggoner (USA) here today.
Each Sunday Alison Solven (my border buddy from Canada) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today's card features products from the Sand & Sea Suite. I love the deep texture that the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder creates. The shells and sentiment are from the Friends are Like Seashell stamp set. I embellished the shells with the Opal Rounds also part of the suite.
When I got ready to add the Opal Dots to my card, I couldn't find them anywhere. Do you ever have that issue? I had to clean off my entire desk to find them. Always a great feeling when you can see the bottom of your stamping spot. I always vow to put away as I go, but that never seems to happen LOL.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
- Seaside Spray (cardbase): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Seaside Spray (embossed): 3 3/4" x 5"
- Blushing Bride (mat): 3 15/16" x 5 3/16"
- Basic White (shells): 1 1/4" x 2 1/2"
- Basic White (sentiment): 3/4" x 5"
- Fold the Seaside Spray in half at the score line to create card base.
- Emboss the Seaside Spray using the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder.
- Stamp the sentiment on the right hand side of the Basic White in Night of Navy Classic Ink and adhere to the embossed cardstock about 1" from the top.
- Adhere the embossed piece to the Blushing Bride Cardstock and then adhere to the cardfront.
- Stamp the the shells in Seaside Spray Ink.
- Stamp the center in Blushing Bride (off stamped).
- Cut out the shells with the coordinating die from the Seaside Shells Dies.
- Adhere the shells to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals as shown.
- Adhere the Opal Rounds to the shells.
- Stamp your inside greeting in Night of Navy Ink.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!