It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison Solven from Canada here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I'm stuck and seem to have lost my stampin' mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today I'm featuring a brand new product coming March 2nd. The Butterfly Brilliance Collection is gorgeous and features the Butterfly Brilliance Stamp Set, Brilliant Wings Dies, a limited edition Butterfly Bijou 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper and the Natural Touch Specialty Paper. You can purchase the stamps and dies in a bundle and you can pick and choose the items you want a la carte.
You can create a card using the sketch exactly as it's presented or switch it up – it's meant to be a starting point for your creativity. My inspiration was the Pantone 2021 Colors of the year.
BUTTERFLY BIJOU 6” X 6” (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
Exclusive Designer Series Paper; available only during the Butterfly Bouquet promotion and while supplies last.
Some people call a group of butterflies a kaleidoscope, and that's what you'll get with the Butterfly Bijou 6" x 6" (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper. Choose from glorious butterfly patterns in shades of aqua, pink, and yellow or watercolored patterns that coordinate beautifully. You can't go wrong with these unforgettable patterns. The dies cut out some of the butterflies too.
- 48 sheets of patterned paper: 8 each of 6 double-sided designs
- 6" x 6" (15.2 x 15.2 cm)
- Acid free
- Lignin free
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Smoky Slate -
Cardbase – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
mat – 5 1/4" x 4"
square – 3" x 3"
- Neutrals 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper (Smoky Slate) – 3" x 4 1/4"
- Basic White (butterfly) – 3 1/2" x 3"
- Fold the Smoky Slate cardstock in half to create card base.
- Cut out the large square from the Bumblebee using the Stitched Shapes Dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Emboss both pieces of Bumblebee using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Glue the Designer Series paper to the middle of the Bumblebee and glue the square to the upper area of the DSP.
- Wrap a piece of Bumblebee 1/4" Gingham Ribbon around the piece below the square and tie in a bow in the middle.
- Stamp the butterfly on the Basic White in Basic Gray ink and cut out with the coordinating die.
- Pop up the butterfly with Stampin' Dimensionals.
In February when you place an order in our online store you will receive a free PDF featuring instructions for 8 cards using the Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick Bundles. Here's a sneak peak:
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Available March 2nd – May 3rd
Butterfly Brilliance Cling Stamp Set #155092
Brilliant Wings Dies #155523
Butterfly Bijou 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper #156824 *
Natural Touch Specialty Paper #156825*
*while supplies last
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST