Just in CASE Thursday,
Patsy Waggoner (USA) here.
Each Sunday Alison Solven (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Let us think summer and the bright colors of poppies. Of course it will be a time yet before we see any type of flowers in Minnesota. I do not have any poppies in my flower bed but may try to plant some on the lake bank where the sun shines the most. I choose Poppy Parade and Pacific Point for my card today and love this great color combination.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
Today’s Stampin’ Up!
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Basic White (base): 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic White (oval): 1 ¾” x 2 ¾”
- Pacific Point (mat): 3 ½” x 4 ¼”
- Pacific Point (2 ¼” x 3 ¼”)
- Poppy Parade (flowers): 1 ¾” x 3 ¾”
- Daffodil Delight (words): scrap
- Well Suited Designer Series Paper: 3 ¼” x 4”
- Fold the Basic White paper on the score mark to create card base.
- Adhere the designer paper to the Pacific Point (mat).
- Adhere the mat to the card front.
- Cut out the oval Pacific Point paper using the Stitched Shape Dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Adhere the oval to the card front about 1” from the bottom and right-hand side.
- Stamp the row of poppies from the Painted Poppies stamp set in Tuxedo Ink on the Poppy Parade Paper.
- Adhere the Poppy Parade across the designer paper and over the center of the Pacific Point Oval.
- Cut out a smaller oval and stamp the poppy in Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Color the flower with Stampin’ Blends (I used Poppy Parade and Old Olive).
- Adhere the oval over the large oval with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words from the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink on Daffodil Delight paper and cut around the words.
- Adhere the words to the lower righthand side of the Basic White oval with Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Stamp a greeting inside in Tuxedo Black Ink.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!