Just in CASE Thursday Patsy here!
Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog to inspire you!
OH DEAR! What am I going to do? The Butterfly Gala Stamp Set & Butterfly Duet Punch are retiring. These will go on my to keep forever shelf. I don't often keep stamp sets as there are always so many new ones I want. But the variety and ease of punching out these butterflies to create a card would be hard to replace.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. For my case I used a different stamp set and changed up the colors keeping the layout the same. Stampin' Up! concept artist used the Floating & Fluttering Stamp Set & Fluttering Dies for their card which is also a great pair. This pair is featured in the Jan-June 2021 Mini Catalog which goes until the end of June.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Basic White Thick (base) 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4
- Basic White Thick (rectangle) 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"
- Basic White Thick (small butterflies) 1" x 2"
- Purple Posey (butterfly) (2" x 2")
- Gray Granite (words) 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
- Vellum Cardstock ( 3" x 4 1/2")
- Fold the Basic White paper in half at the score make to create card base.
- Adhere the designer paper to the cardfront with Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere the Vellum Cardstock to the center of the cardfront.
- Separate the Forever Greenery Gold Thread and wrap around in a circle and adhere to the center of the cardfront.
- Cut out the rectangle using the Stitched Rectangle Die (1 3/4" x 3 1/4") and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Adhere the rectangle to the center of the cardfront with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the large butterfly in Highland Heather Ink on Purple Posy paper and punch out with the punch.
- And adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals to the center stitched rectangle over hanging the top.
- Stamp the little butterflies in Just Jade Ink on Basic White paper and punch out and adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals one on each side of the large butterfly.
- Stamp the words in Versamark Ink on the Gray Granite paper and emboss with White Embossing Powder.
- Adhere the words below the butterflies.
- Add two Opal Circle Dots to the upper left-hand corner of the vellum and three to the lower right-hand side.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!