Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE means Copy And Selectively Edit. The beautiful projects from the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired! When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both.
In my card today I cased a card on page 80 from the January – June 2021 Mini Catalogue.
The original card features the Floating & Fluttering Bundle (page 61) from the January – June 2021 Mini Catalogue. My card features the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle. This card looks complicated but it's really easy to make.
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Coastal Cabana (card base) – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Coastal Cabana (butterfly) – 2 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Coastal Cabana (strip) – 4" x 1/2"
- Basic White (layer 1) – 4" x 5 1/4"
- Basic White (layer 2) – 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
- Daffodil Delight (butterfly) – 2 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Magenta Madness (butterfly) – 2 1/2 x 1 1/2"
- Balmy Blue (strip) – 4" x 1/2"
- Bermuda Bay (strip) – 4" x 1/2"
- Misty Moonlight (strip) – 4" x 1/2"
- Night of Navy (strip) – 4" x 1/2"
- Basic Black (sentiment) – 2 1/4" x 3/4"
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold the Coastal Cabana cardstock in half to create card base.
- Add the 5 strips of Cardstock evenly spaced along the Basic White (layer 1) – from top to bottom – Night of Navy, Misty Moonlight, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Balmy Blue
- Glue this piece to the middle of the card base.
- Use the Blending Brushes and add colour to the top (Highland Heather) and bottom (Coastal Cabana) of the Basic White (layer 2) and cut out a rectangle with the Stitched Rectangle Dies and Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Add the circles from the Beauty Abounds Stamp Set randomly on the rectangle in Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad.
- Glue this piece to the middle of the first layer.
- Ink the sentiment from Beauty Abounds Stamp Set in Versamark and stamp on Basic Black strip. Apply White Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Glue the sentiment on the card front as shown in the picture.
- Stamp the butterfly image from Butterfly Brilliance Stamp Set on Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight and Magenta Madness in Versamark, apply White Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Cut out with the Butterfly Dies.
- Pop up the butterflies on the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add Opal Rounds to each butterfly and others randomly to the card to finish.
Each month Patsy and I offer a FREE PDF with instructions for 8 cards. This month we are featuring the the Dandy Garden Suite which includes two sets of stamps and dies! Check it out on pages 24 – 27 of the January – June 2021 Mini Catalogue. Here's a sneak peek of our cards this month. Want to earn them free – just place an order in our online stores!
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE