Border Buddies Saturday again! Alison here! Hope you are all ready for the holidays to begin – I've been able to get all my shopping done and my Christmas cards are in the mail – hopefully they all arrive before the big day.
It measures 4 1/4" across from tip to tip so it's large enough for cards, ornaments and more!
Here's a really beautiful project I made as one of the pillow gifts at our recent Retreat. So easy but very pretty!
Here's how to create this pretty decoration yourself:
- Stamp the star in Versamark Ink on Cardstock Vellum paper and emboss in White. Heat set.
- Cut out the star (tip – leave a little border around the embossed lines)
- Cut out "Merry" from the Expressions Thinlits Dies in Silver Foil Paper*
- Use a bone folder to "score" the lines of the star. Pinch the "long" points so they are mountain fold and press in the shorter points so they form valleys. This way your star will look 3D. Be careful not to score through the vellum!
- Glue the "Merry" to the star with glue dots – you'll only need a few just so it attaches in a few places.
- Add a large Rhinestone to the centre.
- Punch a hole in the top of the star and thread a piece of Silver Ribbon through to form a hanger for the ornament.
Christmas Star #134813
Expressions Thinlit Dies #132171
Silver Foil Paper #132178
White Embossing Powder #109132
White Vellum Cardstock #101856
Silver 1/8" Ribbon #132137
Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels #125577
*Tip for using Merry thinlit – place a piece of wax paper between the thinlit and the silver paper and it will "pop" out easily. The wax paper will also keep the foil paper from being "etched" with your clear plate (because if it's anything like mine it's pretty marked up!). If you don't need the wax paper then place a piece of computer paper between your plate and thinlit/cardstock)
You can make a bunch of these as decorations for your tree, to put on packages, cards or to use as place markers at your table!
To order from Canada please visit Alison's Store!
I'm located in New Westminster, BC, Canada and serve the local Greater Vancouver area – north to Squamish and east to Mission. I also ship ANYWHERE in Canada by UPS.