It's time for our monthly Colour Your World Blog Hop! Each month my demo friends from around the world post a project using a colour palette we've chosen. Sometimes I use all the colours in the palette and other times just a few. This month I was able to incorporate all four of them!
The weather in Vancouver has turned to fall and we have rainy days followed by crisp sunny ones. Those days are my favourite of the year. Not hot, just sunny and brisk. My card today uses the Season Like Christmas stamp set from the 2017 Holiday Catalogue.
I started with Shimmery White paper. I find that adding water to this paper works best as it doesn't absorb the water and pill the paper. I washed Smoky Slate over the middle of the paper with an Aqua Painter. I thought it looked like a smoky sky. What do you think? The Season Like Christmas stamp set is a 2 step stamp which simply means that you can create dimension with your stamps as one is stamped on top of the other. In my sample I used Old Olive for both the first stamp and the one on top but I stamped off the first one on a scrap to lighten the colour. This one is actually a 3 step as the little "ornaments" is stamped on top of the two tree images.
I substituted the Champagne Foil Sheet paper for Smoky Slate in my mat – I think it adds a little sparkle and elegance and resembles Smoky Slate in keeping with the palette.
I'm the first to admit that I'm obsessed with Wink of Stella and added some to the branches of my tree to give it some extra sparkle. And of course rhinestones for the night stars and some bling!
Here's how I made today's card:
- Fold an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Sugarplum cardstock in half to form card base.
- Glue 5 1/4" x 4" Champagne Foil Sheet to the front of the card.
- Add a Smoky Slate wash with an Aqua Painter to the middle of a 5" x 3 3/4" piece of Shimmery White cardstock. Let dry.
- Ink the bolder image of the tree in Old Olive, stamp off once on a scrap piece of paper and then stamp in the middle of the card.
- Ink the detailed image of the tree in Old Olive and stamp on top of the first tree.
- Ink the trunk image in Always Artichoke and stamp in the middle of the tree.
- Ink the "decorations" in Sweet Sugarplum and stamp on the tree.
- Ink the sentiment in Sweet Sugarplum and stamp to the right of the tree as shown.
- Add some Clear Wink of Stella to the branch of the tree.
- Glue the stamped piece to the card.
- Add rhinestones in the sky.
Our Blog Hop participants have a Challenge Group on Facebook and we would love you to join and share your creations using our palette of the month. Click here and ask to join!
Here are the products I used in today's card – click on the picture and you'll be directed to my online store.
Alisa Tilsner – Australia
Patsy Waggoner -USA
Sophie Prestrelle – France
Sharlene Meyer– New Zealand
Sam Hammond – UK
Barbara Meyer – Austria
Anna Sposato – Germany
Patsy Waggoner and I have teamed up with Alisa Tilsner from Australia and Sharlene Meyer from New Zealand to bring you an amazing online class…