I'm so excited to announce that the long anticipated wait for alcohol colouring pens from Stampin' Up! is over! Starting November 1st you can purchase these amazing colouring pens for yourself. I've had my set for 2 weeks and I'm loving them!
Here's a quick "commercial" from Stampin' Up! announcing them:
- Available in 12 colours (first launch) in both a light shade and a dark shade. Each colour and shade is sold separately so if you use a colour a lot you can replace just that one pen.
- Also available – Ivory and Bronze for skin tones.
- Color Lifter (for blending and lifting colour when you've added too much).
- Purchase as single markers, in a 2 pack combo (light and dark) or as a complete set (26 markers plus Color Lifter).
How to Use Blends:
- Start by stamping your image with Memento Ink on Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock. Let it dry before beginning to colour. Memento ink is a water based ink which means your image won't smear when colouring with your alcohol ink pens.
- Work in small areas at a time because the inks will blend more easily when wet. If you have a large image work in smaller areas at a time before moving on.
- You can start with the dark colour and blend in the light or start with light and add darker areas later. It comes down to personal preference.
- You won't have "lines" on your image the way you might with water based markers (Stampin' Write Markers). If you find you have a line you can soften it up using the Color Lifter.
Here's some tips:
- Alcohol markers that give you a rich, saturated colour on your projects.
- For best results you'll want to stamp using Momento Ink which is specially formulated for alcohol markers.
- Protect your work surface with Grid Paper (or scrap) as they are meant to saturate your cardstock and "bleed" through to the other side – in fact that's how you know you have added enough colour.
- Each marker has two tips – a fine tip and a brush tip. On the barrel of the pen you will see a thin line near one cap and a thick line at the other cap which indicates the tip thickness.
- Lids are designed to seal the marker to prevent the ink from evaporating so make sure you securely click the lid after use. While you are colouring the lid from the end you are using nests on the other end's lid so you won't lose it.
- Store horizontally to prevent ink for drying out or running to one tip or the other.
If you'd like to make some adorable project using your Stampin' Blends make sure to add the Color Me Happy Project Kit (available while supplies last!) The kit includes 16 cards; 4 each of 4 designs. It includes envelopes and all the embellishments you'll need. You will need to provide the Color Me Happy stamp set and a Memento Pad.
You can purchase the Color Me Happy Stamp set in both wood block or clear block versions and you can purchase the Color Me Happy Project Kit alone. But if you bundle them you save 10%!
Click Here to download the flyer with all the ordering information and be ready on November 1st to place your order – you can email me ahead of time and I'll order for you (deliver to me and pick up or delivered to your door!) or online in my store.
Patsy Waggoner and I have teamed up with Alisa Tilsner from Australia and Sharlene Meyer from New Zealand to bring you an amazing online class…