Believe it or not National Cupcake Day is a real thing and it's today! It's a fundraiser event for the BC SPCA so a good cause and you get to eat cupcakes. You can read all about how you can participate here!
When I went to On Stage in November in Salt Lake City our CEO, Sara Douglass, shared an adorable cupcake box with us. At my team meeting when we got home one our my group, Melva Peters, showed us how to make the box. She was paying attention to all the measurements! Melva kindly gave me her sample at the end of the day and I'm going to share it with you today!
Isn't this fabulous? And it's not difficult to make. So let me post the directions for you and hopefully they will make sense. If you are on facebook you can also google "Sara Douglass Cupcake box" and watch her video.
- Start with a 12" x 12" piece of Designer Series Paper and cut down to 10 7/8" x 10 7/8"
- Score all four sides at 3 5/8"
- Cut out the window – position the score line of the right "box" (4 3/8" from the right side) at 3/4" on the guide and cut from 1 1/4" to 6" on the ruler on the arm.
- Position the left top box score line at 3/4" (4 3/8" from the left side) and cut from 1 1/4" to 6" on the ruler of the arm.
- Turn the paper and cut opening by cutting from one line to the other.
- Cut a piece of Window Sheet to 7" x 3 1/2" and score at 3 1/2". Glue to the inside of the box in the opening matching up your score line with the score line in the box.
- Cut from edge to score lines as shown.
- On opposite sides move your cutting blade 1/4" out for the score line and cut up almost to the score line.
- Cut the notch as shown.
- Apply glue to the tabs and put your box together.
- The bottom of the box is one our pizza boxes. Cut a hole using the Layering Circles Dies in the top big enough to hold your cupcake.
- Assemble the pizza box and the top fits on top as shown.
Melva made her lid and tag with the Petal Passion Suite of products including the Petal Palette Stamp Set and Petals & More Thinlits Dies. When you purchase the stamps and dies together in the Petal Palette Bundle you save 10%.
Here are the products Melva used to create her cupcake box (click on the picture and be directed to my online store):
- Cut a piece of Berry Burst cardstock to 3 3/4" x 2".
- Cut the top of the tag using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.
- Stamp the sentiment in Memento Black ink on the bottom of the tag.
- Stamp the flower image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut out with coordinating Framelits using the Big Shot.
- Colour the flowers with Rich Razzleberry and the leaves with Old Olive Stampin' Blends.
- Glue 2 Petal Passion Embellishments to the back of the flowers and pop up on the tag.
- Glue the tag to the front of the box.
- Wrap a piece of the Berry Burst ribbon around the box and tie in a bow as shown.
What's your favourite cupcake? I chose the Red Velvet cupcake for my box because I really love them!
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
Earn Free Stamps during Sale-a-bration Promotion (until March 31st)
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE