It's Card Swap Sunday which is the day each week that I post a card I've made for a swap or received in a swap. Today I'm featuring a card I received from a friend using products from the Myths & Magic Suite in the Occasions Catalogue.
Who doesn't love a knight doing battle with a dragon? This card is so adorable and is perfect for the little "knight" or "dragon" in your magical world. The images are from the Magical Day stamps set which have been cut out with the coordinating Magical Mates Framelits Die using the Big Shot. So no fussy cutting which is "magical" in my world. When you purchase them together at the same time in the Magical Day bundle you save 10% off the purchase price!
The images are coloured using the Stampin' Blends – have you tried these new alcohol based markers yet? You'll want to get the whole set because if you love colouring you are going to love the way the colours "blend" to create images that have some awesome dimension. Can you see the blending on the dragon and the armour?
Here's how today's card was put together…
Old Olive Cardstock – cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" and folded to create card base
Real Red Cardstock – 4" x 3" for oval; 5" x 3 1/2" for words
Whisper White Cardstock – 4" x 3" for oval; 5" x 3 1/2" for words; 4 " 3" for dragon & knight
Let's put it all together:
- Cut out the 3 1/4" x 2 3/8" oval from the Whisper White using the Layering Ovals Framelits and Big Shot.
- Cut out the next size oval from the Real Red using the Layering Ovals Framelits and Big Shot. Glue the Whisper White oval to the Real Red mat.
- Glue both ovals to the top of the card.
- Stamp the dragon and knight on the Whisper White piece and colour with Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate Ivory, and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends.
- The red on the knight's plume and shield are coloured with the Real Red Stampin' Write Marker.
- Cut out images with the matching framelits.
- Glue the dragon to the left side of the oval.
- Stamp the "fire" image on the oval as shown and colour with Stampin' Blends.
- Pop up the knight on the oval as shown with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut out the Happy Birthday using the Happy Birthday Thinlits from the Real Red and the Whisper White cardstock.
- Glue the white words down on the card and glue the red words slight offset on top so that the white appears to be the shadow.
- You're done…now you are ready to fight some dragons!
Here are the products used in today's card (click on the picture and you'll be directed to my online store):
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
Earn Free Stamps during Sale-a-bration Promotion (until March 31st)
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store