It's Border Buddy Saturday and it's Alison here this week! Today I'm featuring the True Gentleman Suite of products including the Truly Tailored Stamp set and matching Tailored Tag Punch. When you bundle these together you save 10%.
The coordinating products include the True Gentleman Designer Series Paper and Night of Navy 3/8" Corduroy Ribbon. I love when all the products are made to go together because it makes card making so much easier.
I also use the Simple Stripes Textured Impression Embossing Folder on the Very Vanilla layer because I thought it looked like a masculine pinstripe. All the layers add texture and depth to the card and the Linen Thread finishes off this masculine themed card perfectly.
The Stampim' Up! concept artists did a fabulous collection of samples on page 44 of the Occasions catalogue. I always look in the catalogues for inspiration – how about you?
Here's how I made today's card:
Night of Navy: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 5" x 2"; 3" x 3"
Very Vanilla: 5 1/4" x 4"; 3" x 3"
Crumb Cake: 3" x 2 1/2"
True Gentleman Designer Series Paper: 4 3/4" x 1 3/4"; 4" x 1 1/4"
- Score a piece of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Night of Navy cardstock at 4 1/4" to create card front.
- Emboss a piece of 5 1/4" x 4" Very Vanilla cardstock with the Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder using the Big Shot.
- Glue embossed piece to card front.
- Mount a piece of (4 3/4" x 1 1/2") of True Gentleman Designer Series Paper to a 5" x 2" Night of Navy mat and glue to the left side of the embossed piece, approximately 1/4" from the edge.
- Glue a 4" x 1 1/4" strip of True Gentleman DSP across the middle of the card, overlapping the first strips.
- Cut a piece of Night of Navy 3/8" Corduroy Ribbon across the DSP in step 5.
- Stamp the saying in Night of Navy ink on a 3" x 3" piece of Very Vanilla and cut out with 2 3/8" circle from the Layering Circles Framelits die using the Big shot.
- Cut out a 2 5/8" circle from a 3" x 3" piece of Night of Navy and mount the stamped circle on top.
- Pop up circles on card as shown with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the triangle saying in Night of Navy ink on a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock and punch out with the Tailored Tag punch.
- Pop up the triangle on the front of the card as shown with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow in Linen Thread and glue dot on the lower right corner of the circle.
Here are the products in today's card (click on picture and be directed to my online store):
Earn Free Stamps during Sale-a-bration Promotion (until March 31st)
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE