Yesterday I posted my Just in Case card for this week using the Perennial Birthday stamp set. Today I wanted to show you how to take the same sketch and create a totally different looking card. I used the Truly Tailored Stamp Set which is available in the Occasions Catalogue and includes a matching punch.
I love the True Gentleman Suite of products because it is sometimes hard to create masculine themed cards. The True Gentleman Designer Series Paper pairs with the Truly Tailored Stamp Set and Tailored Tag Punch makes it easy to create cards for the boys and men in your life for any occasion.
I stamped the hat image in Crumb Cake using the Guy Greetings Stamp Set from the Annual Catalogue. It's an awesome stamp set and is one of the very few in our offering that comes in Photopolymer, Clear-mount and Wood-mount so something for everyone! The sentiment is from the Truly Tailored Stamp Set and is punched out with the coordinator Tailored Tag Punch. I love when you can stamp and punch – no fussy cutting! When you purchase the stamps and punch in a bundle you save 10%!
I also used the Night of Navy 3/8" Corduroy Ribbon. To create the ruffle effect just run a strip of Fast Fuse along the seam between the patterned paper and he stamped portion and then fold the ribbon back on itself 3 times.
This is the card I used for inspiration from my Just in Case series – check out the original post here!
Here's how I made today's card:
- Fold 11" x 4 1/4" Very Vanilla cardstock in half to form card base.
- Stamp the hat images in Crumb Cake ink on the top portion of the card base.
- Cut a 3" x 4 1/4" piece of True Gentleman Designer Series paper and glue to bottom of card front.
- Run a strip of Fast Fuse along the seam between the patterned paper and the stamped images.
- Glue down a piece of Night of Navy 3/8" Corduroy Ribbon along the Fast Fuse glue folding the ribbon back on itself a few times on the left side. Trim off the ends to be flush with the edges of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink on a scrap of Crumb Cake and punch out with Tailored Tag Punch.
- Pop up sentiment on top of the ribbon as shown.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper 1" x 4 1/4" and glue to the bottom edge of the inside of card.
- Stamp sentiment above patterned paper strip in Early Espresso ink.
Here are the products used in my card today – click on the picture and be directed to my online store!
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
Earn Free Stamps during Sale-a-bration Promotion (until March 31st)
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store